PDA

View Full Version : State of SR Flip Flop after power failure.

gnisten
24.02.2013, 11:01
Hi i have made some programmeble logigs, for my osmosis, and saltwater deposits to prevent filling of the saltwater deposit with osmosis water, before the saltwater is used up, by the AWC. I have two containers at 90 litres each, one for osmosis (also used for the ATO), and one for saltwater. I have sensors at top and bottom af each of these containers. When the saltwater is used up, i fill the container with all the osmosis water from the other container, (and the RO unit starts to fill the empty osmosis container afterwards.
I have used two of the maintenance buttons on the Touch, for the functions.

What i have programmed works fine, no doubt, but i have som difficulties after a power failure, or restart of computer, and i think its because one of the SR flip-Flop in my Logig chain. The criteria for filling the saltwater container, is the capacitive level sensor at the buttom, its programmed as the set function, and the optical sensor i have in the top is used as the reset for this gate, and if the gate is set, i can start filling with a maintenence button, (of couse with the use of several other gates) But in the logig on this gate, i have had to invert these two sensors, before the logig works.

My question is, what happens with a "SET" function in a SR Flip Flop, controlled by a level sensor, that really sends an off signal because of low water level, when its inverted in the programmeble logis, after power failure ? It seemes for me that it is "SET"