PDA

View Full Version : Profilux 3 "rebooting"

gnisten
03.12.2012, 19:36
I have today discovered, that my P3 is sort of rebooting, or just is compleetly dead. After removing the power, the p3 is starting up normally, and can run a period, and stops or rebboting again. I have never experienced this before, just discovered today. Its a P2, upgraded to a P3 last year, with the latest firmware onboard.

Have anyone else experienced this issue ?

Antipodes
03.12.2012, 19:46
I have today discovered, that my P3 is sort of rebooting, or just is compleetly dead. After removing the power, the p3 is starting up normally, and can run a period, and stops or rebboting again. I have never experienced this before, just discovered today. Its a P2, upgraded to a P3 last year, with the latest firmware onboard.

Have anyone else experienced this issue ?
Sounds like something is failing when the unit heats up with usage.
Could possibly be a loose connection on a plug. Would pull the back off (with power off) and reset all the plugs and modules and then retry again.

Wirus
03.12.2012, 20:46
Try another power supply if you have - similar problems reported here where solved by replacing the pober adapter.

gnisten
15.12.2012, 21:05
I have tried another power supply, (got an extra from an extra dosing unit, which i dont use for the moment), but the profilux still reboots randomly. Today i did a firmware upgrade to the latest version, did a factory reset, and reprogrammed all settings, calibrated my probes and so on, but it still reboots.

First i thought it was when i have my 4 tunze's connected, because it seemes that i didnt reboot when they were disconnected, but the problem remains.

Maybe its somekind of interferrance, i dont know, but im very **********, and are ready to buy a new PIII controller...... Sucks..

I have following connected to the PIII ex.

1 Profilux touch
1 Powerbar 6 pab
2 switchable Powerbars
4 tunze pumps with tunze cables connected to the 1-10v interfaces
Ph probe
Temp probe
Redox probe
Conductivity probe
Humidity/Airtemp probe
3 Optical level sensors

Following extensioncards.:

PLM Humidity
PLM 2L/4S

gnisten
16.12.2012, 14:41
Reboot observed several times today, but not as frequent as when tunzes connected ??? today current pumps (tunze) are disconnected.... im going insane...

gnisten
16.12.2012, 15:08
I was wondering if wrong cables etc could be an issue, i have made custom cables for my two analog switchbars, out of cat 6 network cable, in lengths of 3 meters each, this type of cable is in twisted pairs. Ghl's cables are cables in straight wires. But again, i have used these cables for a long time without any issues....

Another thing is that the profilux 3 i have is an upgraded profilux 2.... And something maybe defective in the old electronics....

Matthias
17.12.2012, 08:47
you can only do this:

1. unplug everything (besides the power supply of course) and observe if it is rebooting still

2. if you are sure that not another device or wiring causes the trouble you should give the ProfiLux to inspection

gnisten
17.12.2012, 09:28
I will try that again.
I just remebered, the power supply died last year, and we had to replace it, we took the supply from the spare dosing unit i had in stock, the older ver. With same power supply as the profilux. And no problems until now with the unstability, and rebooting. I have even tried to use another fine switchmode power supply, with same voltage, and current as the original, still reboots. Today, the profilux just powered off, not even reboot.....

If i have to send the unit to you for inspection, i have to buy a unit to replace it, so my system can continue to run. I will try to make this happen. If the other unit can survive with a repair, then it can be used as spare, for the future....

I will get back to you, Matthias.

gnisten
19.12.2012, 10:10
Now the computer has run for nearly 1 day without any cables etc. attached, and no reboots as i can see, yesterday i attached all again, exept the pab devices, powerbar 6d PAB & Touch interface. and it ran a days time, and still no reboots etc. So i was wondering if it could be the Powerbar? i purchased it used from a guy in Denmark. It was attached in serie with the touch interface. Profilux - Touch - Powerbar. then yesterday i decided to connect the powerbar to the other PAB interface on the profilux, and let the touch interface sit alone on the other. Now the system has run until now, and no reboots observed???
So maybe defective powerbar, or something occur when the two PAB sits in chain ??? I use normally CAT6 cables for the PAB bus, so this should be OK.

Today i wll buy a PIII & Powerbar 6D PAB from a dealer in denmark, to keep as a reserve, if things start to act funny again, i will not risk anything.

gnisten
24.01.2013, 14:04
@Matthias.

Still everything is fine with the new PL 3.1 ex i bought. Yet there are still rebooting problems with the "old" unit, and i Wish to send it to you in germany for service and repair, so tha i can rely on the unit as a spare to keep, if the new unit fails in the future. I hope a repair can pay off, and want directions for sending the unit to you guys.

Best reg. Tom.

GHL Support
25.01.2013, 13:41
@gnisten: I have sent you an E-Mail.