PDA

View Full Version : High efficiency mode or High out put mode

RichardW
17.11.2012, 00:58
Hi guys I wanted to ask for some advise on how you are running your lights , I have 2x units over my 4.2ft tank that's heavily stocked with only SPS corals and I have noticed since introducing the LEDs that I am now loosing tip growth colouring on a few acros that were doing fine under my t5 ATI set up. I have gradually increased the high efficiency power to 100% over the last 2 weeks and wondering if I should be on high output mode and want to know how this will effect the life expectancy of the LEDs and the cost implications. I've been advised by my very helpful supplier the PAR rating are ample on high efficiency mode but I'm concerned as I'm loosing colouring on some real nice species.

The corals concerned are in the first 1.5ft of the tank that used to be lite by 5 whites and a blue, I have changed the lighting simulation to produce 11.8k from 6am to 7pm graduating the % over this time frame

The lights are 24cm from water line and my tank dimensions are 130cm L x 50cm W x 65cm top of water to sand bed with corals in 90% of that space