PDA

View Full Version : SMS Module not sending

benner
13.10.2012, 20:33
I just purchased a Rogers SIM card and have got my SMS module up and running.....I am not able to get it to send any messages......the status says ready but the red gsm light seems like it is blinking faster than every 3 secs.....seems more like every 1 sec......why would this be?? Any help is much appreciated.....

doggydoc10
13.10.2012, 21:24
Can you post some screenshots of the Plc for the SMS? You might need to play with settings.

benner
13.10.2012, 21:41
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/14/uhenaguz.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/14/have4eby.jpg

Are these the screenshots that you mean? There is not really much for settings...but what am I supposed to enter into SMS Service-Center?? And why would the red gsm light be blinking every 1 second instead of every 3?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

doggydoc10
14.10.2012, 03:17
You need to set up SMS service center. That's the number that's going to route your SMS.
Where are you located? What's your SIM card co?

benner
14.10.2012, 03:28
I am located in Lucan,Ontario,Canada

It is a Rogers SIM card...... I tried entering in what is shown in the pic below.....I looked it up and canada country code is +1 and then the rest is the number given to me by Rogers.....do the SIM cards have passwords??

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/14/e3u4evuv.jpg

doggydoc10
14.10.2012, 03:33
Not sure about the SIM card having passwords. I do have a diff number than yours but I am using AT&T here in the us. Are you sure the card is active? Can you switch cards with your cellphone and see if it receives or sends txts?

doggydoc10
14.10.2012, 03:36
You might want to send Michael from AD an email. He is in Canada and should be able to help you troubleshoot it.
Sales@aqua-digital.com

benner
14.10.2012, 03:37
I was going to do that but my blackberry does not have a SIM card....I think the wife's blackberry does so maybe I will try that....our blackberrys are with koodomobile and I was told they use Hspa (or something like that) instead of gsm and this is why I went with Rogers for it because I thought it had to be a gsm SIM card.....or will they all work?

benner
14.10.2012, 03:38
I did send him an email today. I have not heard back yet......

doggydoc10
14.10.2012, 03:45
Any gsm card should work. Have you tried sending testing the SMS?

benner
14.10.2012, 03:54
Yes this is the only thing I have setup and it didn't work......I tried the test or it too and still nothing.....

doggydoc10
14.10.2012, 03:57
I believe you need to get a service center number. I think that's what's stopping you from getting a text.
Hopefully Michael will answer soon.
I am sorry I can't be any more help.

benner
14.10.2012, 03:59
I checked the wife's blackberry and she does not have a SIM card either. Okay, would this also cause the red gsm light to blink at 1 sec intervals which means it is not connected to the net??

doggydoc10
14.10.2012, 04:03
Yes I believe so. Mine blinks red every 3 secs. Then all three lights are on constantly following the red one. Two yellow and one orange.

benner
14.10.2012, 04:06
Yes I have all the same as you except red gsm light blinks faster.....if you change your number to something else will it still blink slow at the 3 sec intervals or does it start to blink faster like mine?

doggydoc10
14.10.2012, 04:08
Yes. Have you tried rebooting the p3 and the SMS?

benner
14.10.2012, 04:22
Yes, it still blinks slow??

benner
14.10.2012, 04:23
No, I have not tried this.....I have only powered on and off the SMS model using the switch at back.....you think I should power off p3 too?

doggydoc10
14.10.2012, 04:28
Yes I would turn off everything. Then on again.

benner
14.10.2012, 04:35
Ok, I am going to wait for ghl to respond before I turn power off to everything.....thank you very much for your help!

benner
14.10.2012, 04:36
But what do you mean by "yes"? Still blinks the same, slow?

benner
14.10.2012, 18:21
I just powered everything off and then back on again.....same issue....I will try to get a video of my red gsm light.

doggydoc10
14.10.2012, 19:20
Not sure. I do need to have a number on my SMS center, if not red light blinks every second or so.
I am going to ask a reefer friend who helped set up mine and will let you know.

benner
14.10.2012, 22:50
Thank you for your help! I still cannot figure out how to post a video on here that I took on my ipad2..... The new ios6 does not have the YouTube app like before....kinda sucks!!

doggydoc10
14.10.2012, 23:53
Go ahead and download YouTube app from the AppStore. You can then upload video

benner
15.10.2012, 00:03
I did that but there is only the iPhone version of YouTube app so I downloaded anyway.....but when I sign in and go to uploads it just says error loading. Tap to retry. But just keeps saying this.....

benner
15.10.2012, 01:25
I found the SMS service center number for Rogers.....I could only find this one....+17057969300

Still does not work even after entering that new number and resetting everything

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/15/3egevaje.jpg

benner
15.10.2012, 02:04
I called Rogers and they said everything should be ok on their end.....they confirmed the SMS service center number and even gave me two SIM PIN numbers to try.....neither of which worked either.....still do not have it running on my Rogers SIM card......

benner
15.10.2012, 03:12
I found this online from Michael at aqua digital...

http://www.reefcentral.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=13847738

I never got to choose a PIN when I bought it.....but the lady gave me two to try like i said before....that is kinda weird....she also wanted to try disconnecting me and reconnecting me to their service and during that time she said to turn off my module.....I wonder if maybe they have to do this again for me with the right pin.....??? I am really stumped....

benner
16.10.2012, 00:28
Ok so I am now sure I have all settings correct.....I have confirmed with Rogers and with these settings I have had them reset the network a couple times and they say all is good on their end.....I am now going to try a pab reset and then reassign devices....

doggydoc10
16.10.2012, 02:50
Yeah sounds good. Hopefully re setting everything will get you going. Sorry I didn't reply to your messages earlier....busy day.
Good luck

benner
16.10.2012, 03:14
Still didn't work.....
I am taking my SIM card into Rogers tomorrow and see if they can check it out....

benner
16.10.2012, 23:45
I got a new SIM card from Rogers today and still have the same problem......I have the correct SMS service center number from Rogers and the pin is correct as well.....I really don't know what else to do.....can anyone please help?!? I wish there was a feature where you can tell signal quality because I don't know if this is the problem or if something is wrong with my settings.....but I really can't see there being an issue with settings because I have confirmed them with Rogers. What else can it be?? Could it really be signal quality??

doggydoc10
17.10.2012, 00:44
I really doubt it's signal quality. Are you connected via PAB? I the PAB detecting the SMS?
Honestly I REALLY don't know why else to rec.
have you tried emailing Michael? Email him again. They are in the middle of sending Mitras LEDs out so I am sure they are busy.

benner
17.10.2012, 03:02
Thanks for your reply....
Ok so here is the latest.....I just received a text from the SMS module lol finally....and when I checked on the unit, the red gsm light was flashing slower at 3s.....but now I just tried sending another text and nothing happened but when I checked on the SMS module the red light was flashing fast again......is this a signal issue?!?

aqua_digital
17.10.2012, 03:18
Hi Ben,

I have been in email with you from the start of this, well I guess its you so dont understand the "cant reach Michael" :(

Anyway - I have no clue now as basically you have been through all possible options. I will need to get Matthias to take this to second level support tomorrow for you

benner
17.10.2012, 03:27
Ok so my new plan is to move the SMS module to my first floor and try to find better signal quality there.....I now believe it to be a signal issue....

benner
17.10.2012, 03:41
I just received another "test" text msg from the SMS module and the red gsm light is now blinking slow again.....has to be a signal issue....
The text messages are coming in later after I "test" send them when the controller gets signal finally.....

aqua_digital
17.10.2012, 12:36
Thats what i said to you from the start - weak signal ;)

benner
17.10.2012, 23:25
Probably not

Regards
Michael Hall - Owner
Aqua Digital Inc - www.aqua-digital.com
GHL North America - www.ghlna.com
Tele +1613 424 1679

-----Original Message-----
Sent: October-15-12 7:36 PM
To: Aqua Digital Inc
Subject: Re: SMS module

Do you think it is possible I have no signal?? I have three bars on my
blackberry with koodo with cell sitting right beside the SMS module.

aqua_digital
17.10.2012, 23:29
I too can play that game (Joke! :))

On Oct 15, 2012, at 7:24 PM, "Aqua Digital Inc"
sales@aqua-digital.com>
wrote:

Not sure what fast blinking means, I think it means either no signal or sim not working,

Regards
Michael Hall - Owner

But the point is you found the issue, so Great :)

Great info for future reference and great support from everybody

benner
18.10.2012, 00:21
What game!?! This is not a game! And I have not found the problem yet!

I am going to go and buy the needed cable and ends to extend my controller to an open environment to prove or disprove the signal issue.....I hope this fixes the problem otherwise I am out money just to test this product.....I feel like I am a beta tester or quality control for this product sometimes.....so I am sorry if I reach out to the company and its associates the way I do at times....I have always given the profilux the highest regards and promote it to anyone. I do very much enjoy its extreme reliability thus far.......my only complaint is that basic tank operations need to be made easier in the programming or at least need to include guides and how tos..... I.e. my SMS module.....I can not even get it connecting to the network and do not know why.....I do not even know if it is a signal issue because the program nor the module have this feature....the red gsm light is like the check engine light on my car.....needs to be more specific like a low washer fluid light.....u know what I mean? GHL Profilux is a great product but as a customer please do not belittle me or the product by simply posting bellicose comments and defending the product.....this does not help me or anyone. I know the product is good and I know you are all doing your best to help but at times I am awed that instead of helpful customer support, we get a defensive response regarding the product or support instead of the response we need! I am sorry I posted quoting that email Michael but I know it is either a signal issue or another issue with the settings.....and these are just the two "normal" conditions it will indicate.....I just need to know what it is because moving the unit to an open area is not labourless or free for me....I just want this thing to work and protect my tank. I have received two emails from it so far and the red light does go slower at this time.....does not occur often....my guess is a signal issue so I am going to do my best to prove or disprove this but I just post on this forum for help from anyone who has had this issue or really just anyone who has experience setting it up.....as you can see from all the posts between me and doggydoc.....we love our tanks and we are desperate!!

aqua_digital
18.10.2012, 00:27
Ben, I am really sorry you are taking my reply so seriously, we have had good friendly chat and banter before about this and other support cases very late into the night many times. I dont think support should always be so formal, I try and put a human touch to everything I write, I guess that is not always taken on forums, :( but seems to be in email, and I personally do take all suggestions very seriously. But moving on -

In your last update you said you were now receiving text so I assume all was well, just based on your post it was assumed it was working

I just received another "test" text msg from the SMS module and the red gsm light is now blinking slow again.....has to be a signal issue....
The text messages are coming in later after I "test" send them when the controller gets signal finally..... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You seem to have proved it was a weak signal issue, so I am not sure how the situation could be better resolved by us or GHL, other than great feedback from you for product improvement in fitting a signal meter to the software or device. Good suggestion! :)

GSM devices pick up signals at varying strengths for example my wifes phone can be in service when mine is not in the same room, that is not defending the product but just an observation of other GSM devices, and Rogers is notorious for this, both my phones are Rogers.

Lets go back to email as before it seems a lot better path. I will be up late again doing other support cases so can reply to you as required.

doggydoc10
18.10.2012, 00:53
What game!?! This is not a game! And I have not found the problem yet!

I am going to go and buy the needed cable and ends to extend my controller to an open environment to prove or disprove the signal issue.....I hope this fixes the problem otherwise I am out money just to test this product.....I feel like I am a beta tester or quality control for this product sometimes.....so I am sorry if I reach out to the company and its associates the way I do at times....I have always given the profilux the highest regards and promote it to anyone. I do very much enjoy its extreme reliability thus far.......my only complaint is that basic tank operations need to be made easier in the programming or at least need to include guides and how tos..... I.e. my SMS module.....I can not even get it connecting to the network and do not know why.....I do not even know if it is a signal issue because the program nor the module have this feature....the red gsm light is like the check engine light on my car.....needs to be more specific like a low washer fluid light.....u know what I mean? GHL Profilux is a great product but as a customer please do not belittle me or the product by simply posting bellicose comments and defending the product.....this does not help me or anyone. I know the product is good and I know you are all doing your best to help but at times I am awed that instead of helpful customer support, we get a defensive response regarding the product or support instead of the response we need! I am sorry I posted quoting that email Michael but I know it is either a signal issue or another issue with the settings.....and these are just the two "normal" conditions it will indicate.....I just need to know what it is because moving the unit to an open area is not labourless or free for me....I just want this thing to work and protect my tank. I have received two emails from it so far and the red light does go slower at this time.....does not occur often....my guess is a signal issue so I am going to do my best to prove or disprove this but I just post on this forum for help from anyone who has had this issue or really just anyone who has experience setting it up.....as you can see from all the posts between me and doggydoc.....we love our tanks and we are desperate!!

Wow. Sounds like some of the same issues I have had in the past Glad someone else is posting this as I was starting to think I was the "BLACK SWAN" in here.

Good luck and I hope you figure it out soon.