PDA

View Full Version : Question re logic

doggydoc10
25.09.2012, 22:56
Posted this question in the NA forum. Not able to resolve it there.

Why is it that the only way I can have a logic work for multiple sensors is if I select the AND function?
I have tested sensors 1, 3 and 4 individually. If I use the following:

G1

Fill water 1
OR
Fill water 3

And then attach that logic to a socket that controls protein skimmer, if the sensor gets triggered the socket is still ON!!!!?

And if I change that same logic and select the function AND, the socket turns off once any one of the two sensors gets triggered by water!!!!

Please explain.

Matthias
26.09.2012, 10:10
boolean logic means in this case:

AND means that both states (water 1 and water 2) must be high (active = true = 1) to get high for the logic gate

OR means that one of both or both must be high

was this the question?

doggydoc10
26.09.2012, 13:37
I UNDERSTAND BOLEAN, my question is WHY is that only when I use AND logic works????
If I use OR the logic does NOT work as stated.
I have tested all 4 sensors individually and they are working fine.

Matthias
26.09.2012, 14:39
I think it works correct.

OR is only off when both Fill water 1 and Fill water 2 are off at the same time, in all other cases it is on

doggydoc10
26.09.2012, 15:08
Ty.
After reading the manual I thought the function OR meant that either one of the levels in that logic needed to be triggered in order for logic to work.
Also thought that the function AND meant that BOTH sensors needed to be triggered in order for the logic to work.
Confusing

Matthias
26.09.2012, 15:12
we are not talking about the level states, we talk about the states of the related sockets

for ATO levelsensor off means water on and vice versa

maybe this is the confusion