PDA

View Full Version : power went out and my settings were not restored

fishypets
17.07.2009, 05:51
My profilux delux ii had the power source removed for about five minutes. During this time all the sockets on the power bar were turned on. But when the power was restored the sockets that should have turned off stayed on and there was a German message flashing on the face of the controller. I let it sit like this for more than 15 minutes but the settings were never restored and all the sockets remained on. Is there a way to fix this?

Matthias
17.07.2009, 07:26
this message is a warning that all settings had been reset (maybe you made an update before?)

confirm this message either on the device - press Return 2 times, confirm with "Ja" = "yes", press Return

or confirm with ProfiLuxControl

fishypets
17.07.2009, 13:13
I did this but now it doesn't have any of my settings stored. Even the P.H. is off. Will I need to reprogram it?

Matthias
17.07.2009, 13:38
a firmware update will cause a factory reset, all settings and sensor data are lost

for this reason you should save the settings and sensor data and load them back after the update

all this is mentioned in the message box before the update when you have to set the checkmark "I accept"

fishypets
17.07.2009, 13:40
Matthias I have not performed a firmware update since I set the controller up. Will your steps still be necessary? Thanks for your time.

Clint

Matthias
17.07.2009, 14:33
Then I misunderstood you. If the settings are all lost and if you did not make a backup for them recently then you have only the option to enter them again and to do the calibrations again.

In this case, since all settings are away anyway, I recommend to do a firmware update to the newest version.

fishypets
17.07.2009, 14:35
How do I make a back up? The controller is less than two months old, do you still recommend a firmware update? Thanks for all the info!

Matthias
17.07.2009, 14:38
the newest firmware version is 4.06 (or 4.07 if you want to use the brandnew BETA version)

if you have an older version then do the update

settings and sensor data can be stored with ProfiLuxControl, under menu "File"

fishypets
17.07.2009, 15:03
So after I "save" the info how do I retreive it in the event of another power failure?

Antipodes
18.07.2009, 02:21
So after I "save" the info how do I retreive it in the event of another power failure?

Before you get to indepth about resetting everything, set up the basics and then remove the power again for the same time you had power off last time.
If it is still losing its settings, then I would recommend taking it back for servicing, because it should not do that.
As I understand it, the settings are kept in a eprom and should remain??

Matthias
19.07.2009, 11:34
@fishypets: there is also a function to load the settings back in ProfiLuxControl, of course, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to save the settings...
is under menu "File"

@antipodes: yes, there is a EEPROM, all settings should remain after a power cut
your suggestion is good - fishypets should do his settings again and then make the test: unplug/plug the power and watch what happens
but before - do the firmware update