PDA

View Full Version : Refund,replacement or repair

evanm1978
31.03.2012, 16:59
Just wondering on peoples experience on ever receiving any kind of REFUND,REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR on any profilux products.

I will probably be removed from the forum for asking this question which seems to be profilux response to complaint issues.

response is allways go on the forum and ask for advice.

I have had problems with faulty temperature probes after 3 months. response is check the forum

WLAN card that could never be configured to work. Profilux response check the forum. funny this product has since been discontined.

And now a DALI card thats flickers my bulbs and has damaged a ballast.

I have put these issues to profilux whos response has been that I have been impolite.

I dont care if they think im impolite, THEY CANNOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CUSTOMER DISSATISFACTION
I expect the products I pay a lot of money for to work as they should.

Heres a comunication i received earlier

I put my issues as mentioned above to profilux and they asked me what they expect them to do

my response was this
Thats up to you guys and how you deal with customer complaints and your refund return policy.

Any dealings I've had with other companies have gone far far smoother.

For example I had 2 units of TMC aquaray led lights fail on me with one LED stop lighting on each one.I contacted them and within a day they replied and asked me to return them for repair. The repair was completed in less than a week and I had my lights returned to me at no cost.

I had a problem with two Vortech pumps. A Vortech MP40 wet size assembly seized after having it running 11 months in my aquarium. I contacted Ecotech and sent them a video of it in my aquarium seized and again within a week they had sent me a brand new replacement free of cost.I didnt even have to return the seized one

From the same company an MP10 wet side started to make a lot of noise after about 15 months of use. They requested me to return it and they replaced the bearings in it free of charge.

I am not looking for a free handout, I just expect the products I paid a lot of money for, should work!

At the end of the day with the WLAN card it is a product that does not do for me what it was sold as.

I understand it has been taken off the market.

It was sold to me as a card that would allow me to connect to my profilux system wireless and it simply doesn't fulfill this.
It cannot match the security on my routers and may only connect if the security is switched off on my internet connection, even then it is not reliable and only connects every so often (5 times out of 100).
I have tried every set up and guide there is and it just simply will not work.

The temp probe just stoped working and was giving me false readings after only a couple of months of use. I dont know the reason for this, it just stopped reading correctly and was giving me crazy high readings and jumping up and down in temperature.
As I said I have it siting in a drawer somewhere I think.

Its all about keeping customers happy.

I have purchased a lot of equipment from you guys and I've had lots of problems and no real fixs.
You are actually the first person I am actually getting a bit of proper communication from.

sorry, I give it up

I thought we are making progress here and I can help you through your problems and you start again being impolite

if you think you have faulty parts then send us the parts for inspection or contact the retailer or distributor
warranty claims can only be accepted with the invoice for these products

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Matthias Groß

Just would be interested to know others complaints and views on the topic.

Matthias
01.04.2012, 09:16
Evan,

no, why should I remove this post? You just did what you said in one of your emails to me. But you forgot to quote some of the more important emails.
I believe your youtube and forum campaign against us is already started. Thank you.

After removing one post from you yesterday - the post was absolutely inacceptable and against our forum rules, I got the answer

that is profilux way of dealing with issues isnt it.
The company is an absolute disgrace and i will be putting plenty of videos on youtube of the junk they sell for everybody to see!

I replied with

... So the question now is - Do you want support or just start some trouble?
If you want support than ask your questions in our forum. I remove your infraction and you can post in our forum.
If you want to be the troublestarter - then do whatever you want to do.
The majority of our customers is extremely satisfied with our products and the customer care, they are able to distinguish between qualified criticism and
statements of people in rage.

after many emails back and forth, I thought we can solve the issues. What we found out over the day:
- Rs232-problem wasn't a problem, the customer used the wrong cable
- temp.-probe - what the problem exactly was has not been cleared yesterday, meanwhile I found out that this problem was in August 2010
- PLM-WLAN - hardware works, customer was not able to find matcing security settings for router and PLM-WLAN - furthermore I found out that the PLM-WLAN was a second hand buy
- DALI - after a power trip in the house one ballast was defective (or the defective ballast was the reason for the power trip), since then the problems with DALI started
it is absolutely clear that the PLM-DALI is not able to damage the ballast on the 240V side -> so if the PLM-DALI is defective it was vice versa!
then I asked for a picture of the wiring, I wanted to see if the wires between ballast and tubes may produce interferences, I didn't get a pic
one of the earlier replies to my questions about the wiring was:

Now this DALI card not working. You blame wireing!
Thats the problem with Profilux, allways an excuse or blame others and never take responibility for their products failures.
So I dont really care what you think or do about your forum as its never done anything for me.

In order to find out if we help through repairs, refunds or replacements I asked for the invoices

please send me an email with the invoices for the items we are discussing

reaction was:

How would I have invoices?

Your obviously thinking money first rather than your customers satisfaction if thats the response.

Ive had some of theses items for nearly a year now.

Ive got the items here in my house so obviously I have purchased them, all I can do is send them all back to you for you to examine to rule out whether they are faulty or not.

At least this way I can determine whether its your DALI card at fault or the ballasts. Osrams engineers are looking at one of the ballasts on Monday and are to get back to me on it.

The WLAN card is obviously a waste of time since you have removed it from the market anyway which tells me you know there is problems with it and have no intention of doing anything about it for me.

After all these Emails back and forth I am still no further on than I was this morning.

my quoted reply above
sorry, I give it up was an answer to this, and not to
That's up to you ... as written in the first post

And your latest email to me was this

You dont seem to be able to tell the difference between impolite and obvious customer disatisfaction.
I thought it was progress too but it seems it all comes down to your company Obviously avoiding any sort of repair,refund or replacement.

Who keeps invoices for products more than a year on. None of your expansion cards come with any type of warranty information included.

It just seems parts are sold with no comeback for the customer whatsoever.

Before i would even consider returning any items i am going to do some research on the reef forums to see how many people have gone through your return policy and had any success.

I would say they are very few.

I know from your replies you are just looking for all reasons to avoid a repair, replacement, or refund.

Your company has obviously never heard the expression the customer is always right.

The fact that you cannot get your head round the fact that a customer would be
Dissatisfied or impolite as you put it with the fact that they paid out €350 for a wlan card that does nothing and is then discontinued by the company.

When they then make their feelings felt to other customers on the forum they are punished.

At this point to be honest I've had these issues for so long ive accepted the loss in money,i know from how steve in profilux just told me to go to the support forum when i first complained about product issues that i was wasting my time.
if your not willing to offer any type of solution I am just going to put your responses and how you have dealt with these issues up on all the forums I am involved in so other customers can be aware of how profilux really deals with complaints.

The offer, that we check all products here and that we consider a replacement, a refund or repair, is still valid.
But we need the invoices to proof if it was a second hand product or if the warranty period expired.

So bottomline for me - I spent half a day in intensive personal customer care and the result is this.
What do I learn from this? Better I gave it up after the first post or email.
This was a big waste of time, and at the end of the day he tries to damage our reputation. Another perfect weekend. Thank you again.

And yes - this is absolutely correct:

I will probably be removed from the forum for asking this question which seems to be profilux response to complaint issues.

dr.dotti
01.04.2012, 10:47
Wäre es nicht gut den Beitrag in den englischen Teil zu verschieben?