PDA

View Full Version : GHL anounces a brand new LED lamp!

Matthias
29.03.2012, 07:56
Hi,

after all these rumours and being permanently asked for further information by email, PMs or phone we decided to do the official announcement earlier.

Yes, GHL will release their own LED pending lamp soon!

After more than 2 years of development we are proud to present a modern and innovative LED-lamp, which doesn't leave any wishes open in my opinion.
We didn't want to release just another LED-lamp with the usual features, we wanted to develop one of the best LED-lamps on the market!

Here are some of the highlights - but I will not tell everything, this happens when the lamp is released officially in May!

LEDs:
- 8 light colors, all separately dimmable: ultra white, royal blue, blue, true green, yellow, red, hyperred and UV (420 nm)
- 62 LEDs per lamp
- 6 separately replacable LED-clusters on IMS boards
- PAR: I think more than you need!

Intelligence + Userinterface:
- own controller (32 Bit ARM)
- graphical display, 6 touch-Keys

communication:
- radio (2.4 GHz)
- USB

Operation modes:
- standalone (runs autonomous)
- master (controls other lamps wirelessly)
- slave (is controlled from other lamps or ProfiLux wirelessly)

Energy:
- high-efficiency mode (max. economy and LED lifetime)
- high output mode (max. brightness)

Thermal management:
- innovative cooling concept with 4 extremely quiet and compact cooling fans
- fans are temperature controlled

Design:
- select out of several colors
- fans and heatsinks are not visible from outside
- ca. 300 mm x 200 mm x 40 mm

Functions:
- sliding clouds and sunrise over several lamps
- all illumination functions of ProfiLux
- full control over output light spectrum

Others:
- firmwareupdates possible
- true dimming technology: non visible brightness steps with more than 3000 dimming steps per channel
- incl. lamp holder
- universal power supply with wide range input

and much much more ...

I am quite sure it is worth to wait until May!

That's all I can tell at the moment.

chiefzod
29.03.2012, 08:34
Super keen to replace my Radions with these. Any idea on what the power usage is going to be?

doggydoc10
29.03.2012, 11:33
Biggest question is :
Controllable by Profilux 3?????

Gunther
29.03.2012, 11:50
Biggest question is :
Controllable by Profilux 3?????

Thats not a question (in general) and already answered:

Operation modes:

doggydoc10
29.03.2012, 12:02

BigAl07
29.03.2012, 12:04
Amazing news! I know what my next must have item is.

Thanks for the surprise announcement Matthias.

doggydoc10
29.03.2012, 12:04

Really? Guess I do not know how to read?

Regardless, I can't wait for May.
I already booked my flight to Interzoo

BigAl07
29.03.2012, 13:07
I hate that Interzoo is sooooo far away. Seems like it would be a great time to "make the trip".

Wirelessly from ProfiLux? That's pretty dang sweet IMHO. If it meets that list of features with the possibility for more then it was well worth the wait.

Matthias you may not be able to comment on this right now but just in case... can you tell us if it will be able to react to the thunderstorm with "lightning" or will we have to rely on the Simu units for that still?

doggydoc10
29.03.2012, 13:12
Allen wanna come along?

BigAl07
29.03.2012, 13:44
Allen wanna come along?

I'd love to but I'm slammed with work and slipping out of the country to St. Lucia end of May. It would be a great opportunity but I'm already committed for the month of May.

You'll take lots of pictures yes?

doggydoc10
29.03.2012, 14:29
Off course. I wonder if they will sell anything over there at the show!!!
My AI is currently for sale. Any takers? 😜
Def getting one.
I CAN'T WAIT.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

aqua_digital
29.03.2012, 15:20
We will be doing a pre launch group buy in run through one of our new USA dealers. I will make sure you are on the first list of receivers!

doggydoc10
29.03.2012, 15:30
Count me in!!!!

TheAspec
29.03.2012, 15:40
Awesome news! Count me in.

StarF
29.03.2012, 18:09
When will this be released? I need a new led lamp in about 2-3 month time...

BigAl07
29.03.2012, 18:11
Nothing official until Interzoo in May 2012. With that being said you should still be "in the window" for this unit but no one knows when they will be shipping or anything like that. May should be a very "informative" month.

StarF
29.03.2012, 18:18
well i could wait until june, so i guess i better wait :)

Blahenazo
29.03.2012, 18:31
intresting , if the price is right it might be my first led light.

All the current fixtures always seem to have down side (and its not always the price :))))

Rulleshaman
29.03.2012, 20:45
Tank mount for my rimless tank? Pls

aqua_digital
29.03.2012, 21:51
with a lot of experience in this tank mount gives you no flexibility in terms of distance from the water the lamp needs to go, with LED everyones situation is different based on aquascape, you need the flexibility and even the adjustable legs it never really works. You are looking at needing about 8" or more from the water surface on average based on the spec of the GHL from what I can work out.

JasonK
04.04.2012, 18:40
Operation modes:

Sounds like we will need to purchase an additional wireless transimtter for the Profilux? Just like for the EcoTech pumps.... I would be really good if if the 1 wireless transmitter was able to push signals to both the new LED unit and the EcoTech pumps?

BigAl07
04.04.2012, 18:44
Operation modes:

Sounds like we will need to purchase an additional wireless transimtter for the Profilux? Just like for the EcoTech pumps.... I would be really good if if the 1 wireless transmitter was able to push signals to both the new LED unit and the EcoTech pumps?

I see where it's a nice idea but I seriously doubt GHL is making their technology work with a competing companies communication protocol.

aqua_digital
04.04.2012, 18:47
my guess is the lamp will come supplied with anything required for hook up. I dont think they will be using the same module.

Wirus
04.04.2012, 19:40
Sounds like we will need to purchase an additional wireless transimtter for the Profilux?

Maybe GHL is working on any kind of WiPAB network dongles to make the Profilux more flexible in general .... there have been a lot of wishes for that in the past.

Matthias
05.04.2012, 07:20
yes, there will be an additional wireless transmitter necessary - this can be connected to the ProfiLux Aquatic Bus (PAB)

this wireless module can control our LED-lamps, furthermore it is planned that this device communicates also with other wireless ProfiLux devices

it will not be possible that the VorTech-Controller controls our lamps or that the GHL wireless module controls a Radion - the technology is not compatible

Blahenazo
05.04.2012, 18:45
yes, there will be an additional wireless transmitter necessary - this can be connected to the ProfiLux Aquatic Bus (PAB)

this wireless module can control our LED-lamps, furthermore it is planned that this device communicates also with other wireless ProfiLux devices

it will not be possible that the VorTech-Controller controls our lamps or that the GHL wireless module controls a Radion - the technology is not compatible

will there be bundles ? or will the wifi transmitter be charged premium ? (because you know all existing profilux 3 owner will buy it anyway if they buy the lamp)
so we buy your led lamp because we already have your P3 :) so we are long term customers :))))

almost
23.05.2012, 07:51
Fantastic design, fantastic product!

Job Perfect done!

L14MDP
05.06.2012, 17:40
Will I be able to control the new GHL Mitras LED units from my Profilux 2 plus? If not is there an upgrade option from the 2 to the 3?

Cheers

Liam

Matthias
06.06.2012, 08:21
no, this is not planned, the Mitras needs the data communication provided by the PAB, and PII has no PAB capability

you can use the Mitras also as standalone unit (it has its own controller)

rodneyri
06.06.2012, 10:20
Hoping there is a bracket to bolt these together and hang them from the ceiling, is something in the works like that?

Matthias
06.06.2012, 13:12
yes, there will also a rail system be available

StarF
07.06.2012, 10:34
i have preordered mine, is there a official delivery date yet?

mshur
09.06.2012, 15:24
yes, there will also a rail system be available

Hi Matthias,
Do you have prototype pic for rail system?. i will need 4 units for my new tank , so i am gathering ideas how i am going to mount them..

Michael

BigAl07
12.06.2012, 18:55
Matthias,

I've read and read but can't find the answer to a couple of questions:

*A) Will these units be able to completely do away with "Simu"(ProfiLuxSimu-spot and/or ProfiLuxSimu-L-stick) units in that they can handle dim moonlight all the way up through mid-day brightness? Some LED lamps can't handle the very dim moonlight such as when the moon is almost dark (thin crescent waxing into 1st quarter). Here is all I can locate on this aspect but no specific mention of moonlight functions:
Functions:

- sliding clouds and sunrise over several lamps
- all illumination functions of ProfiLux
- full control over output light spectrum

*B) I realize each unit is capable of autonomous action via the on-board controller but if we already own a ProfiLux is there a less expensive version for us that does not include the built-in on-board controller? Here is the list I can find on these details:
Operation modes:

*C) Will there be any optional/additional items required for these lamps? (wireless adapters, mounting kits, splash guards etc)

Thank you in advance for your time and input.
Allen

doggydoc10
12.06.2012, 20:00
Awesome questions Allen.
I am def interested in gettting more answers primarily about us who have the P3 and controlling lamps.
Can't wait to read ANY and ALL updates.

Matthias
13.06.2012, 08:28
first of all - the Mitras details will be announced today on our website

answering the questions:

a) Mitras is able to do ALL the simulation functions
this includes moonlight simulation - since we use the "true dimming technolgy" with up to 3000 dimming steps we can dim down to a very low brightness level

b) there is only one version
reason: to produce many variants and to keep them in stock would be more expensive than having on version which can be produced in larger amounts very efficient
BTW: the Mitras autonomous version is cheaper than models from other brands which have limited controller functions included (considering the "lumen per $" to keep it simple)

c) yes
details follow

Matthias
13.06.2012, 17:51
OK, at least the German part of our Mitras web page is ready so far (except a few details)

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System/Produkte/Lichttechnik/LED-Technik/LED-Hangeleuchte_Mitras/led-hangeleuchte_mitras.html

the English translation will be done tomorrow

BigAl07
13.06.2012, 17:58
That looks good Matthias! At least we can see the overall layout and such.

Tomorrow it is :)

doggydoc10
13.06.2012, 18:04
Yes it is.
Prices? Options?
Etc etc etc!!!!!
CAN'T WAIT.

BigAl07
13.06.2012, 18:10
Yes it is.
Prices? Options?
Etc etc etc!!!!!
CAN'T WAIT.

:) So close we can almost smell the paint on the fixture :)

doggydoc10
14.06.2012, 01:49
I simply CANT wait. Sry Allen I know I am driving you crazy!!!!!!!

StarF
14.06.2012, 09:07
nice with more info, could we get a release date?

BigAl07
14.06.2012, 13:10
I simply CANT wait. Sry Allen I know I am driving you crazy!!!!!!!

LOL! Trust me you're not driving me crazy. I'm almost as anxious as you are for you to get your unit. :)

BigAl07
14.06.2012, 14:16
Matthias I was asked today by a client if the new Mitras will be able to handle "East to West" sunrise and sunset when using multiple units. As in them slowly coming on in increments slowly sliding across the whole array and then dimming in the same fashion in the evening or do they all rise and set in unison.

Matthias
14.06.2012, 16:52
Matthias I was asked today by a client if the new Mitras will be able to handle "East to West" sunrise and sunset when using multiple units. As in them slowly coming on in increments slowly sliding across the whole array and then dimming in the same fashion in the evening or do they all rise and set in unison.
yes of course
BTW - ProfiLux can do this kind of simulation already

Matthias
14.06.2012, 17:07
the Mitras page has not been translated completely, but the essential parts of it are translated

since I know that many people wait desperately for more details we published it anyway

have a look at:

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Products/Illumination_technics/LED_technology/LED-pendant_lamp_Mitras/led-pendant_lamp_mitras.html

page will be completed soon

feel free to ask your questions here

BigAl07
14.06.2012, 17:13
Thanks Matthias. Just in case someone is curious here is a "loosely" translated version of it:
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aquariumcomputer.com%2FSystem%2 FProdukte%2FLichttechnik%2FLED-Technik%2FLED-Hangeleuchte_Mitras%2Fled-hangeleuchte_mitras.html

I do have one "Technical" question for you. What's the biggest difference between High OutPut and High Efficiency? Is it using fewer LED or reduced output of all the LED in the array? And is this just a "Setting" within the unit from Efficiency to Output?

mwxmwx
14.06.2012, 20:10
Hi Matthias,

this lamp will fit perfectly to one of my aquariums. I have read something about $1300 per unit .. is this true?

Michael

Matthias
15.06.2012, 07:28
I do have one "Technical" question for you. What's the biggest difference between High OutPut and High Efficiency? Is it using fewer LED or reduced output of all the LED in the array? And is this just a "Setting" within the unit from Efficiency to Output?

"or reduced output of all the LED in the array" - yes
"And is this just a "Setting" within the unit from Efficiency to Output?" - yes

Matthias
15.06.2012, 07:32
Hi Matthias,

this lamp will fit perfectly to one of my aquariums. I have read something about $1300 per unit .. is this true?

Michael

the recommended retail price is 840 Euro net (without tax) in Europe, during introdution (until 01. Sep. 2012) 15% less = 714 Euro

the pricing in some countries outside Europe is still in progress

mwxmwx
15.06.2012, 07:37
the recommended retail price is 840 Euro net (without tax) in Europe, during introdution (until 01. Sep. 2012) 15% less = 714 Euro

Thanks Matthias, that sounds good .. waiting for September ..

M.

Matthias
15.06.2012, 08:43
you need not to wait until September - in September the shipping starts, pricing and pre-order conditions will be defined in these days

Matthias
15.06.2012, 13:18
Website has been updated

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Products/Illumination_technics/LED_technology/LED-pendant_lamp_Mitras/led-pendant_lamp_mitras.html

let me know if you are still missing information

BigAl07
15.06.2012, 13:38
It looks great Matthias.

rodneyri
15.06.2012, 14:13
any info on the rail system or the software

BigAl07
15.06.2012, 14:16
any info on the rail system or the software

I'm not in the know on this but I did see someone mention yesterday that the Rail System was still in development and may not be out until early 2013....

Matthias can you confirm this?

aqua_digital
15.06.2012, 15:27
let me know if you are still missing information

Hi Matthias, we are getting numerous requests for information in regards to the available wireless interface for the ProfiLux including cost and can the lamp be hard wired to the profilux for those that do not wish to use the optional wireless adapter?.

BigAl07
15.06.2012, 15:29
Hi Matthias, we are getting numerous requests for information in regards to the available wireless interface for the ProfiLux including cost and can the lamp be hard wired to the profilux for those that do not wish to use the optional wireless adapter?.

Excellent questions. Thanks Michael :)

doggydoc10
15.06.2012, 15:34
Agree. Since I think most Profilux owners will take the jump and purchase the lamps, it will be awesome that we can just "plug an play" as far as connectivity is concerned.

Matthias
15.06.2012, 15:53
I'm not in the know on this but I did see someone mention yesterday that the Rail System was still in development and may not be out until early 2013....

Matthias can you confirm this?

Who said this? I never stated something like that.
Of course we want to ship the rails ASAP, not next year. Details will follow as soon as the development is ready and we have a final price, not before.

Matthias
15.06.2012, 15:57

A hard-wiring between ProfiLux and lamp will not be possible.

Mitras and PC can be connected via USB for changing the settings.

The ProfiLux Wireless Interface will be affordable.

No final prices and details yet.

BigAl07
15.06.2012, 15:57
Thanks for the update Matthias.

aqua_digital
15.06.2012, 15:58
Allen are you confused with the brief mention of the LED light bars (rails) for enclosed aquarium we mentioned? We used the word LED rail instead of bar by mistake in our text and will edit it to avoid confusion.

BigAl07
15.06.2012, 16:00
Allen are you confused with the brief mention of the LED light bars (rails) for enclosed aquarium we mentioned? We used the word LED rail instead of bar in our text and will edit it to avoid confusion.

I am pretty sure that's exactly what I've done Michael. I spoke before reading all the details and I apologize for that.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Allen

aqua_digital
15.06.2012, 16:04
The LED light bar fixtures for enclosed tanks it seems will be another amazing product for us to bring to NA later this year, lets get over the Mitras launch first though ;)

chiefzod
15.06.2012, 22:29
I for one would like to see some more pictures of the underside that are of the production model so we know exactly what it will look like. Also would like to see more on these different reflectors you talk of and will we need to buy them separately etc.

Rotknee
16.06.2012, 01:13
Will the units mount to a rail which will then be mounted to the ceiling? In other words, how would I mount three units over my tank? I am sure there is a system (or perhaps mounting rails) that the lights would slide onto and then using two wires mount to the ceiling?

When can we expect to see pictures of the mounting system?

For reference sake, here are a couple examples of the Ai hanging kit. Click for larger images.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/th_lights001.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/lights001.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/th_AiHangingKit026.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/AiHangingKit026.jpg)

rodneyri
16.06.2012, 01:54
another question i have is with the lights shown at interview the power cable was at the front of the light (where the screen is), but in the pics now on your webpage the power socket seems to be at the opposite end of the screen now....hoping its like on your webpage so the cable isnt in the way and looking a bit ugly :)

Matthias
16.06.2012, 09:04
thanks Rotknee, yes it will be something similar, but we try to make it a little bit more nicer looking ...

details in about 4 weeks, prototypes are in production

Matthias
16.06.2012, 09:05
rodneyri,

the cable has been brought to the rear of the lamp during the re-design

Matthias
16.06.2012, 09:06
read the updates here:

L14MDP
16.06.2012, 17:45
read the updates here:

I am looking to move to LEDs but want to keep my hood on my tank. Do you have any more details about the LED light bars that are mentioned in your link? I have a 5*2*2 reef tank and a profilux 2 plus computer currently controlling GHL light bars.

For enclosed aquariums we recommend our light bars for fluorescents or our new LED light bars (available in Autumn 2012).

chiefzod
17.06.2012, 06:17
How far apart are the hanging mounts?

Matthias
17.06.2012, 08:55
the LED light bars for use under the hood will come in Autumn - no final release date available yet

L14MDP
17.06.2012, 09:38
the LED light bars for use under the hood will come in Autumn - no final release date available yet

Will it be a replacement for a fluorescent tube light bar, or supplementary to T5's? E.g. I am after something like the Mitras but to run under the hood. Do you know if they will be controllable through a proflux 2 plus?

Cheers

Liam

rodneyri
18.06.2012, 02:22
its great to see some info coming out now on the lights, cant wait for my 3 :)

i do have some new questions though...the specs say the latested LED's, what LEDs are actually being used in this fixture, XP-? and can we program the lights wirelessly from the PC or do we need to plug the lights into the USB?

BigAl07
18.06.2012, 18:02
For anyone in North America "Official Pricing" has been announced so be sure to contact your GHL Dealer to get on the PreOrder list!!

September is just around the corner and you want to be on this list ASAP :)

Matthias
18.06.2012, 19:25
Will it be a replacement for a fluorescent tube light bar, or supplementary to T5's? E.g. I am after something like the Mitras but to run under the hood. Do you know if they will be controllable through a proflux 2 plus?

Cheers

Liam
a replacement

Matthias
18.06.2012, 19:27
its great to see some info coming out now on the lights, cant wait for my 3 :)

i do have some new questions though...the specs say the latested LED's, what LEDs are actually being used in this fixture, XP-? and can we program the lights wirelessly from the PC or do we need to plug the lights into the USB?

evene better: the new XT-E were possible and the XP-E, Osram OSLON SSL for the colors

in any case selected bins regarding wavelength and output

BigAl07
18.06.2012, 19:29
Matthias thank you for the information.

is it possible to order the LED’s with the narrow beam reflector at this point. And if so, is there an additional charge? How hard are these to change out by the end-user?

If someone wants the "Standard" unit would this be w/HyperViolet LEDs? I assume this is the standard unit and w/o is an option.

L14MDP
18.06.2012, 19:30
a replacement

Excellent just what I'm after. Will it be controllable using a proflux 2 plus?

BigAl07
23.06.2012, 21:59
is it possible to order the LED’s with the narrow beam reflector at this point. And if so, is there an additional charge? How hard are these to change out by the end-user?

If someone wants the "Standard" unit would this be w/HyperViolet LEDs? I assume this is the standard unit and w/o is an option.

Matthias can you reply to these? I've had 2 different people ask similar questions and need to know what to tell them. Thank you in advance.

Matthias
25.06.2012, 08:36
we don't want to make it too complicated for the retailer (many variants, large stock), there are already these options:
- 3 colors
- with or without hyper violet
- different plugs: "Schuko", UK, USA/CAN, France, Australia

these are 30 different models already

if we would offer all models now with 2 different reflectors we had 60 different lamps in our catalogue

so to make it short:

we learned that most people will be fine with the standard reflector
so I think it is reasonable to have the "standard reflector" as a standard
we must consider that someone also wants to mix the reflector types

and it is not hard to change the reflectors at all, just open a few screws

L14MDP
25.06.2012, 09:11
Matthias,

Are you able to advise if I will be able to control the new LED light-bar that s coming out from my profilux 2 plus or will I need to upgrade to a profilux 3? Will it just connect using the 1-10V connector that my existing T5 GHL light bars use?

Thanks

Liam

Gunther
25.06.2012, 09:36
will I be able to control the new LED light-bar that s coming out from my profilux 2 plus

No, but the Mitras devices have an own, independent controller build in.

or will I need to upgrade to a profilux 3
Unfortunately upgrade kit is not available anymore.

Will it just connect using the 1-10V

No, external control is connected via PAB or wireless connection (additional device neccessary)

Matthias
25.06.2012, 10:47
he is talking about the LED-bar, not the Mitras

the light bar will be controllable over PAB (only for P3 available) as well as over a standard 1-10V-interface

so the answer is yes, you can use your PII

L14MDP
25.06.2012, 11:11
Matthias,

Thanks for confirming.

The next question is at the moment I have two 54W T5 light bars connected via a splitter to my PII and two Tunze Streams via a splillter to my 2nd 1-10V interface. My tank is 5*2*2 feet currently running 4 T5 tubes. Do you know how many LED light bars I would want to keep LPS and SPS as I have been told I should really be running 6 T5s but don't want to do anything until these LEDs are out? (I.E. do I need to get an expansion card).

Also would there be any features I would loose out by controlling over 1-10V rather than PAB?

Thanks

he is talking about the LED-bar, not the Mitras

the light bar will be controllable over PAB (only for P3 available) as well as over a standard 1-10V-interface

so the answer is yes, you can use your PII

Matthias
25.06.2012, 11:19
it is too early to answer these detail questions

if you have a few weeks than let us continue this discussion when we have all the facts and measurement results

rodneyri
25.06.2012, 11:49
any more info like what color LEDs are in the Mitras, specific wavelengths for each color.

any news on the rail system and its release date

L14MDP
25.06.2012, 11:53
Thanks again for your quick response and I will await to hear further in a few weeks about measurement results.

Do you know yet whether full functionality will be available through the 1-10V interface or if the PAB will give enhanced ability?

it is too early to answer these detail questions

if you have a few weeks than let us continue this discussion when we have all the facts and measurement results

Matthias
25.06.2012, 11:58
we try to give as much features as possible when using the 1-10V interface

since PAB is digital I guess there will be a few extra features

Blahenazo
27.06.2012, 08:41
Matthias,

the do not use in closed tank lits , thing.

I have a 'closed' lit , but its 45 cm high, so I could easily put the light 40 cm away from the water surface . So there is plenty of space would this still be a problem ???

Matthias
28.06.2012, 07:39
Matthias,

the do not use in closed tank lits , thing.

I have a 'closed' lit , but its 45 cm high, so I could easily put the light 40 cm away from the water surface . So there is plenty of space would this still be a problem ???

high humidity and temperature bewlo the hood is the problem

rodneyri
28.06.2012, 08:15
any more info like what color LEDs are in the Mitras, specific wavelengths for each color.

any news on the rail system and its release date

Matthias
02.07.2012, 19:03
the rail system will come in October, some time after launching the Mitras

unfortunately we can't make it earlier

other information - see below

Matthias
02.07.2012, 19:11
We optimized our Mitras again!

important changes:
- 9 instead of 8 separately dimmable channels! We added neutral white LEDs.
- 6 hyperviolet LEDs instead of 2! Furthermore adjusted the wavelength a little (now 425 nm).

Now one Mitras has up to 72 High-Power-LEDs!

With these changes the light was improved again in regards to power, efficiency, color impression and homogenity.

Furthermore we added order numbers for all lamp types and accessories (like narrow beam reflectors) and some technical details.

Learn more here:

And the best part is: Price stays the same!

aqua_digital
02.07.2012, 19:28
This is great news, thanks Matthias.

Do you have any info coming on wireless networking capabilities or will this follow on later? Regular question we get every day.

BigAl07
03.07.2012, 01:35
Matthias I have a couple of questions about the new items listed on the Matis page.

A) How difficult are the PL-0925 to install on the unit at a later time?

B) What is the purpose of the PL-0924? Would this be if a client ordered non-HV and decided later to add it to their fixture?

Thank you in advance,
Allen

rodneyri
03.07.2012, 01:37
Thanks for the response!

doggydoc10
03.07.2012, 03:48
Better late than never
http://youtu.be/lKdz_0EloMs

L14MDP
03.07.2012, 07:20
Any further news on the LED light bar, as I have heard it maybe out in September and a discount can be had if pre-ordered before the end of July.

Thanks

Liam

Gunther
03.07.2012, 07:44
Any further news on the LED light bar
It´s still in development

I have heard it maybe out in September and a discount can be had if pre-ordered before the end of July.
You are wrong. That´s an offer for the new Mitras Pendant Lamps (http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Products/Illumination_technics/LED_technology/LED-pendant_lamp_Mitras/led-pendant_lamp_mitras.html).

The light bars are not announced yet nor is there any information about availability or price.

L14MDP
03.07.2012, 08:06
That's what I thought however a GHL stockist got that vague info from GHL Uk o I thought I would ask on here, thanks for confirmation.

It´s still in development

You are wrong. That´s an offer for the new Mitras Pendant Lamps (http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Products/Illumination_technics/LED_technology/LED-pendant_lamp_Mitras/led-pendant_lamp_mitras.html).

The light bars are not announced yet nor is there any information about availability or price.

Matthias
03.07.2012, 15:59
A) How difficult are the PL-0925 to install on the unit at a later time?
very simple, anyone can do this

B) What is the purpose of the PL-0924? Would this be if a client ordered non-HV and decided later to add it to their fixture?
yes

rodneyri
04.07.2012, 04:40
are those cree XT-E 5W LEDS? been doing some reading and if so wow this thing should be very bright!

mshur
06.07.2012, 03:51
any words on software?

aqua_digital
06.07.2012, 11:39
With the product still evolving I think (not confirmed) the software will release shortly prior to lamp release, I also guess it will be part of PLC.

mshur
06.07.2012, 19:01
Well , i am sure everyone would like to see some options and screen shots:)

GazzMan
07.07.2012, 21:05
Mathias, im having 3 of these units for my 5' tank, are they individually powered or can they be piggy backed to save having 3 power cables going over my tank

Gazz

Matthias
13.07.2012, 15:43
they are individually powered

chiefzod
21.07.2012, 12:11
How far apart are the mounting points for the hanging cables?

Matthias
22.07.2012, 12:20
I think October, I hope we can provide details significantly before Oct

we have mcu to do for the initial batch of the Mitras in September

chiefzod
22.07.2012, 12:30
So are these delayed to October now?

I need the measurements so i can get new railing done to mount these when they arrive.

Matthias
22.07.2012, 12:43
sorry, I missread your post, I thought you were talking about a rail system

the mechanical dimensions are clear, of course

chiefzod
22.07.2012, 22:25
Yes that is what i meant thank you.

Ok so if i'm reading this correct they are 170mm apart?

rodneyri
29.07.2012, 08:43
any news on the software :) its been quiet on that front

ss162400
01.08.2012, 12:31
And the best part is: Price stays the same!

Hi Matthias,

My tank is 120cm*70cm*55cm, would I like to buy one or two lamps?

Thanks

Matthias
09.09.2012, 10:01
here a preview of the new GHL Control Center:

Bottom view of Mitras:

one cluster (only one LED active at 1%)

rodneyri
09.09.2012, 11:04
Thanks for the update. Is the software done now so it's ready for release with the lightd

Matthias
09.09.2012, 11:14
yes, the new GHL Control Center is ready to be used for the Mitras now

and prepared to be used with ProfiLux soon

download will come about Wednesday

BigAl07
10.09.2012, 14:18
Matthias,

I have a couple of questions I just need some clarification on.

A) Each Mitras comes with the hardware and ability to communicate with other Mitras WIRELESSLY built into the unit. For this function nothing else is required correct?

B) When is the anticipated release of the Mitras to ProfiLux Wireless module and any idea what the price will be (just an idea/estimate)?

rodneyri
11.09.2012, 09:57
have the lights started shipping yet....cant wait to get mine!!

Armando Fernandes
18.09.2012, 11:13
Hi there,

How about apple applications? It will support?

Best Regards,

Armando Fernandes

StarF
20.09.2012, 13:45
so 20 days into september, has the lights started to ship yet?

GazzMan
20.09.2012, 14:09
yes, the new GHL Control Center is ready to be used for the Mitras now

and prepared to be used with ProfiLux soon

download will come about Wednesday

:eek:

Matthias
20.09.2012, 14:59
I said "about Wednesday" - now we have Thursday ...

it comes this evening - had some trouble with my new developer tool "Visual Studio 2012", but all solved now

give me a few minutes for final testing

doggydoc10
20.09.2012, 20:37
So it means we should expect the product by when here in the US???

GazzMan
20.09.2012, 20:50
So it means we should expect the product by when here in the US???

Wait yr turn doc, he told me 10 minutes at 1500hrs lol:D

Gazz

doggydoc10
20.09.2012, 23:14
Lmao
Sorry but I am VERY IMPATIENT.
LOL

Matthias
21.09.2012, 07:04
ok, my standard answer these days:

ASAP

Armando Fernandes
21.09.2012, 08:32
Hello Matthias,

There will be a Apple version for this software?

Best Regards,
Armando Fernandes

Matthias
21.09.2012, 10:57
no, this is not planned

Matthias
21.09.2012, 10:59
the Quickstart Guide for Mitras in English is available:

http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/english/section.php?sid=18

StarF
21.09.2012, 12:23
Have they started to ship to dealers. I have 2 units preeordered, cant wait to play with these :)

Matthias
21.09.2012, 13:07
the shipments are in progress - worldwide!

the shipments are processed in the order the orders came in

please ask your distributor for details

we do everything possible to speed up the shipments

StarF
21.09.2012, 15:10
the shipments are in progress - worldwide!

the shipments are processed in the order the orders came in

please ask your distributor for details

we do everything possible to speed up the shipments

tnx for the feedback :)

BigAl07
21.09.2012, 15:17
Matthias any idea when the shipments will be making it to the dealers in North America?

L14MDP
23.09.2012, 10:10
Is the any further news on the upcoming LED lightbar for enclosed aquariums?

Cheers

Liam

GHL Support
24.09.2012, 10:21
Is the any further news on the upcoming LED lightbar for enclosed aquariums?

Cheers

Liam

Our goal was to bring them out still this year - we are not sure if we can manage this
but will try everyhting to meet our goal. It is hard to say any more details these days.

robertvo
16.03.2013, 12:20
Is there any update regarding the led lightbar for closed aquariums by now maybe!

Matthias
16.03.2013, 17:23
we are really very close to our first prototypes, the mechanical design was the hardest job

as soon as we have details we announce them