PDA

View Full Version : Is this true? GHL is developing LED lamps??

Dutchreefer
24.03.2012, 09:22
Hi,

a friend of mine told me this:

GHL is developing a brand new series of LED lamps for aquatics, one product I know for sure is a high power pending lamp with full spectrum control, wireless enabled and some other nice features...
they want to show it at Interzoo in May this year

Is this true??? Or are these only silly rumours?

I am looking for a new set of LED-lamps for my aquarium - should I wait??? So far I planned to purchase models from Aqua Illumination or Ecotech but I have doubts if I can use all ProfiLux features with products from other companies.

I hope GHL answers this soon and honestly ...

doggydoc10
24.03.2012, 12:23
Wow...that would be AMAZING.

Antipodes
25.03.2012, 07:07
Hi,
I am looking for a new set of LED-lamps for my aquarium - should I wait??? So far I planned to purchase models from Aqua Illumination or Ecotech but I have doubts if I can use all ProfiLux features with products from other companies.

I hope GHL answers this soon and honestly ...

If I were GHL, I would release the information at interzoo, to ensure my product is unique and is not usurped by any other products that will steal my thunder. I certainly would NOT release the information at this time (despite your protests). This is only 2 months away, and I for one would be waiting until then anyway, as THEY may not release this fantastic product, but any of the other innovators could do the same or better.

So that also wonders where this information came from. Unless this informant is an insider, I would be less inclined to believe that such a product exists than to think that some one in the know would release this info. (But hey! Stranger things have happened). Roll on Interzoo!

BigAl07
25.03.2012, 19:21
I would love to see such an item come from GHL but it seems like a "stretch" for them. I'm not saying it would be strangest thing to happen but doesn't seem to align with their business plan up until now.

BigAl07
25.03.2012, 19:54
The more I think about it the more I think this would be AWESOME!

If you know the build quality that goes into every other component of GHL products can you imagine what an AWESOME product a GHL- LED fixture would be like. I'd love to see something official from GHL confirming this. I can't think of a better company to release an LED fixture to the market!!

GHL PLEASE let this be TRUE!!!

doggydoc10
25.03.2012, 20:12
Yes indeed.

BigAl07
25.03.2012, 21:27
Another thing to keep in mind... the name Profi-Lux = professional lighting, they are a company born from lighting and lighting controlling. This makes more and more sense and would be a very "LOGICAL" move for GHL.

Matthias
26.03.2012, 07:54
Dutchreefer,

a friend of mine told me this

I really wonder who this friend should be

however, we will announce something really great very soon - watch this place

aqua_digital
26.03.2012, 14:40
An even bigger flow sensor for my swimming pool? :)

BigAl07
26.03.2012, 16:20
Dutchreefer,

I really wonder who this friend should be

however, we will announce something really great very soon - watch this place

hmmm a teaser? Tossing some bits of sugar out there in the water to draw the fishies in for a bigger bite :)

Watching eagerly for something "Really Great" to be announced soon here :)

doggydoc10
26.03.2012, 16:41
Makes TWO of us. I would MOST DEF buy any LEDs that come from Profilux.
Can't wait for any more info.

richard.mayo
27.03.2012, 07:10
Perfect, if there is one thing the hobby needs its more LED fixtures

ganesh
27.03.2012, 08:23
hmmm a teaser? Tossing some bits of sugar out there in the water to draw the fishies in for a bigger bite :)

Watching eagerly for something "Really Great" to be announced soon here :)

… learning from APPLE, he, he

steep learning curve though ; )

aqua_digital
27.03.2012, 15:40
… learning from APPLE, he, he

steep learning curve though ; )

Did someone say APP?

:)

ganesh
27.03.2012, 15:53

Matthias
29.03.2012, 07:58
Ok Ok here it is

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?5444-GHL-anounces-a-brand-new-LED-lamp!&p=33722#post33722

Dutchreefer
02.05.2012, 17:08
first picture of it!

BigAl07
02.05.2012, 17:21
I like the sleek design of it so far. Can't wait to see and hear more :)

Thank you!!

Matthias
02.05.2012, 17:30
I hope I am allowed to post this ...

yes, this is the picture we sent to our retailers today

I like the sleek design of it so far. Can't wait to see and hear more

Thanks! And I am sure you will like it even more when you see it in real!

BigAl07
02.05.2012, 17:32
Matthias I hope that GHL will post a promo video online.. possibly even YouTube that we can link to once the unit is available for ordering. I know of a few clients who are merely waiting on the "Go Ahead" to place their order. This could be a "Trend Setter" in the whole LED arena!!

GazzMan
02.05.2012, 17:42
Looking good mate, how many would I need for my 5x2x2, is there going to be a mounting kit for them, AND HOW MUCH££££££ lol

Gazz

BigAl07
02.05.2012, 17:44
Looking good mate, how many would I need for my 5x2x2, is there going to be a mounting kit for them, AND HOW MUCH££££££ lol

Gazz

That pretty much asks the most frequent questions I'm hearing on this side of the pond.

This is going to rock!! :)

GazzMan
02.05.2012, 17:48
That pretty much asks the most frequent questions I'm hearing on this side of the pond.

This is going to rock!! :)

Yes Al, I'm even going to sell my bike to fund these if I like them, anyone want to buy a zx9r lol

Gazz

Blahenazo
02.05.2012, 18:00
for me its all depends on the price

if GHL puts these higher then the ecotechs it is not going to happen ever.
since the led tech is still fast evolving, I can't and will not pay that much premium for leds, All the stories about earning back, long live time for the leds 10 years etc....
IF someone is still running First gen leds over their tanks in 10 years they are fouls imho and even the makers of these module 'known' this because they are nearly all upgradability story => with 'all' the modules being upgradable => you need to calculate they upgrades also.

so if they sell you the module they are counting that they sell some upgrades too

Since all things considered a good thing about LEDs is that the T5 tube are lowering in price :)))

doggydoc10
02.05.2012, 18:30
Where do I send my $$$ to?

BigAl07
02.05.2012, 18:37
Blahenazo you make VERY valid points but I have been running LED over one of my tanks for over 3 years now. Granted when we designed this unit we used the Latest & Greatest technology available at the time and it was VERY expensive especially compared to the price for units today. With that being said... I'm AS happy today if not MORE SO than I was the day I installed them. The tank literally jumped to life (keep in mind I did upgrade from Compact Florescent to LED), tanks temps stabilized, and evaporation all but stopped. Going LED is the single biggest upgrade I've done to my tanks other than ATO which I now consider an integral part of my tanks "Life Support System" and no longer consider ATO an option or upgrade.

Doc I'm pretty sure you're "covered" in that respect.

Now to get some PAR readings on these and coverage specs so we can help people plan their new GHL LED installations.

doggydoc10
02.05.2012, 18:51
Yeah I just need to know what the size on these bad boys?
It looks like the Giesemenn lights. if thats the case I think I am going to be lucky and be able to run one unit on my tank!!!!!
Whooooooo hoooooooo
This just made my day.

StarF
07.05.2012, 14:48
http://reefbuilders.com/2012/05/06/mitras-led-ghl-light-composer/

cant wait :)