PDA

View Full Version : P3 not avilable through lan

Geoffroy Docq
01.09.2011, 14:54
Dears,
This is second time that i see the profilux is no more connected to the lan.
The first time, the profilux came back available on the network after several days and i don't know the reason.
Today (more than 2 months after the first incident) it is still unavailable via the lan card, i cannot connect to it through LAN

I already restarted my router and my CPL, without success.
When i connect through wireless (i have the wireless card) to check the configuration : everything is fine.

I have a P3 with version 5.9
The IP of the P3 is fix in the router.
I use a dynamic DNS to access the P3 from external.

Any idea ?
PS: i didn't restarted the P3 for the moment, probably i must but would be fine if the problem can be solved.

thx

Geoffroy Docq
05.09.2011, 13:46
No one experimented this problem ?

Blahenazo
15.09.2011, 05:33
I have the same experience with my profilux 3 ex,

apperently in my case the P3 seems to lockup ( at least the network part ) if I try to program the p3 via the network.

So I'm programming with PLC and I get a connection error ( don't know the code anymore ) , its not with every disconnect
but when I try to reconnect to the P3 (immediatly after disconnect ) and it doesn't work anymore.
Then I assume that the P3 is stuck ( the network part ) since the other functions of the P3 just continue,
another reason why I thing the network part is stuck is because I don't recieve my fixed timed emails anymore.

If I restart my P3 , everything is fine again. and I can connect with PLC and I recieve my emails again.
Since I know this (last week orso I realized I didn't get my mails after a PLC disconnect)
When I get disconnected from the P3 with PLC , I reconnect , to see if I can get a connection again or otherwise I'm never sure that I will get emails again.

I don't know if the plc connection can stay open on the while I loose connection to PLC.

Matthias
15.09.2011, 08:56
no, the connection doesn`t stay open, the socket is closed of course

even if it would not be closed for some reason the socket would be forced to close after a while (timeout)