PDA

View Full Version : problem with adding extra power bar

Chippy70
03.05.2009, 07:39
Hi All,

I have a Pro II EX that i have been using with only one 6 x digital power bar. This was set up S 9 - 14.

I have purchased a new 6 x digital power bar and started to change the settings to the power bars

First i only connected the origional power bar and re-named the socets S 5 - 10 and all worked well. I was able to correctly use these sockets. I have assigned s 5 - 8 (if there is a problem) to be on in the initial state.

I then unpluged the first power bar and connected the new power bar and proceded to name the sockets S 11 - 16. Seemed to go well

The problem now is s 5-10 is allways on due to it going to its initinal state and the new power bap does not work at all. I have comm and power to the two power bars.

I connect the first power bar from the S1-4 in the pro II into the socket on the power bar sloseest to the red lights. I then dasie chain from the first power bar using the socket furtherest away from the red lights and then into the second power bar into the socket colsest to the red lights.

I have tried to start over again and rename the origional power bar S5-10 but know i get no control at all

What am i missing

Matthias
03.05.2009, 10:48
when you connect only one powerbar to the ProfiLux - does it react as expected when you use the "manual override" function in ProfiLuxControl?
Means: does the corresponding socket switch on and off?

Are both yellow LED permanently on after daisy-chaning or do they blink?

Is one of the western cables the troublemaker?

Chippy70
03.05.2009, 12:05
when you connect only one powerbar to the ProfiLux - does it react as expected when you use the "manual override" function in ProfiLuxControl?
Means: does the corresponding socket switch on and off? Yes

Are both yellow LED permanently on after daisy-chaning or do they blink? Permanently on

Is one of the western cables the troublemaker? Mmmm. might be

He is what i just did,

Tried what you asked by changing the cables. I had been using the same cable to programme Sockets. ie Connect first power bar via Pro II and then programme S5-10, Un connect the power bar and connect using the same cable to the second power bar, then programme that to S11-16.

After changing the cables I now have this problem, The first power bar now works as per it is programmed ie S5-10 will do as asked and programmed, when programming S11-16 and I select S11 and set its functions it turns on S10.

Chippy70
04.05.2009, 00:13
Mmmm. might be

He is what i just did,

Tried what you asked by changing the cables. I had been using the same cable to programme Sockets. ie Connect first power bar via Pro II and then programme S5-10, Un connect the power bar and connect using the same cable to the second power bar, then programme that to S11-16.

After changing the cables I now have this problem, The first power bar now works as per it is programmed ie S5-10 will do as asked and programmed, when programming S11-16 and I select S11 and set its functions it turns on S10.

:eek:Weid I know but that is what is hapening

Matthias
04.05.2009, 07:30
Hi

you didn`t answer my questions:
Means: does the corresponding socket switch on and off?

Are both yellow LED permanently on after daisy-chaning or do they blink?

Chippy70
04.05.2009, 08:45
If you read your reply i have answered.

Means: does the corresponding socket switch on and off? Yes

Are both yellow LED permanently on after daisy-chaning or do they blink? Permanently on

Is one of the western cables the troublemaker?

Chippy70
05.05.2009, 03:53
Please help!

I have gone back to the basic again and started over, and I'm still having problems.

I need your help!

I have this problem now,

I have programmed the first originall power bar to be S5-10 and it works as it should, when it is used by itself with no other power bar connested. All lights are solid.

I have set the first power bar up lik this

S5 - Skimmer - programmible logic 1 - skimmer delay 1hr after feed pause
S6 - Return Pump - filter
S7 - Closed loop pump - allways on
S8 - Closed loop Om 4 way - allways on
S9 - heater - temp 1
S10 - heater - temp1

This is working as it should, When I push the feeding button I get the skimmer to turn off, Return to turn off, The two heaters turn off, all is working fine. I then push the feeding button to cancel the feed timer and Return goes back on, two heaters turn back on (if needed) and the skimmer is off waiting for the 60min to finish and then it starts.

So to me this power bar is working!!

The problem is when I go to plug in the second power bar!!

This is what I'm doing,

I un plug western socket to the first power bar (S5-10) and plug the western socket (same Western socket) into the new power bar and programme it to be S11-16. Saving as I go along.

I then unplug the western socket from the second power bar (S11-16) and plug it into the first power bar (S5-10). I then plug the other western socket (provided with the new power bar) into the first power bar (S5-10) and also into the second power bar (S11-16). As soon as I plug the western socket into the new power bar(S11-16) it turns on S5 and S10. As soon as I unplug the western socket S5 and S10 turn off.

I can not set the sockets to work or anything

GHL can I get some help please, Is there some thing I'm missing!!!

Regards Roger

Matthias
05.05.2009, 08:40
please do this:

1. step: connect only powerbar 1 to the ProfiLux, activate manual override, switch all sockets 1 ... 24 on and off - which sockets are reacting?

2. step: connect only powerbar 2 to the ProfiLux, activate manual override, switch all sockets 1 ... 24 on and off - which sockets are reacting?

3. step: if all sockets reacted as expected then daisy chain them and do the manual override test again

It is not interesting in the moment which socket should have which function in the future or what the predefined state should be - at the moment we must check if the hardware is working, and if not if it is bar 1, bar 2 or one of the cables.

Please proceed exactly as I asked for in steps 1...3 and give me the result, like:
bar 1: socket 1 reacts on 11 ...etc. bar 2: ...etc.

Chippy70
05.05.2009, 14:06
Matthias,

Test results in,
Step 1
bar 1 Socket 1 Reacts 5
bar 1 Socket 2 Reacts 6
bar 1 Socket 3 Reacts 7
bar 1 Socket 4 Reacts 8
bar 1 Socket 5 Reacts 9
bar 1 Socket 6 Reacts 10

Test 2
bar 2 Socket 1 Reacts 11
bar 2 Socket 2 Reacts 12
bar 2 Socket 3 Reacts 13
bar 2 Socket 4 Reacts 14
bar 2 Socket 5 Reacts 15
bar 2 Socket 6 Reacts 16

To see if the other cord worked I then changed the western cords and the result is that I have no control at all using this cord.

I did not do test 3 as i guess it is the cord?? Strange as I'm sure I have used it earlier.

Roger

Chippy70
07.05.2009, 21:48
Ok the cable seem to be the problem

Can I number the 2 x 6 digital power bar's S1-6 - S7-12 and then the 4 x analog power bar S13-16.

will this work

Chippy70
07.05.2009, 21:50
Ok the cable seem to be the problem

Can I number the 2 x 6 digital power bar's S1-6 - S7-12 and then the 4 x analog power bar S13-16.

will this work

The analog bar will be pluged into the S5-8 to the Pro II

Matthias
08.05.2009, 07:58
you will mix standard and digital powerbar?
Then you must plug the standard powerbar into S5-8 -> the number of the standard powerbar is fixed to 5...8

solution:
standard powerbar 5...8, powerbar 1: 9...14, powerbar 2: 15...20,

Chippy70
08.05.2009, 08:10
Thank you Matthias,I shall re Number the boards

So I can understand this S1-4 will/can be used for what? Dosing Pumps??

GHL Support
08.05.2009, 09:26
The digital powerbars have to be plugged into S1-S4. But since the numbers 1-4 are then still available, according to your new numeration, you could also daisy-chain a dosing unit to the powerbars (pump 1-4).