PDA

View Full Version : Very unhappy - Lost all set points during power outage, why??

Oldtimer
22.05.2010, 18:43
Profilux Plus II EX - I lost all programmed data when my power shut off this morning. When the power was restored, the controller flashed something like "restoring factory default values" and then everything was displayed in German and none of my pumps, etc. were working. I spent the entire morning restoring all settings and recalibrating all electrodes since the readings displayed made no sense... and in the process, I managed to crack the glass housing of my conductivity electrode - I'm very upset about this!:(

:confused:

Matthias
24.05.2010, 08:45
Hi

the settings should remain after a power cut, you can verify this by entering a setting, then power cycle and check if the setting is still there.

If there was a general power cut it is possible that there also overvoltages or spikes occured and they may have damaged the internal settings memory. ProfiLux recognizes in this case that there is something wrong and resets the memory for security reasons.
Which firmware are you using? However, you should use the newest firmware 4.08 or 5.00p, the settings monitoring and recovering functions after a power cut had been improved in the past.

Oldtimer
02.06.2010, 02:02
I'm afraid to try and power cycle now because I don't want to spend 2-3 hours programming all settings again. I don't have much time to spare these days. I understand I can save settings once I have a PC connected so I will try this during this coming weekend.

I have the original firmware version 3.08.

On another note, I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks and would like to have the ability to check my system remotely via internet. I currently do not have a PC connected. I have the WLAN card which came with the unit when I bought it. I have not yet installed it, but from what I understand it is fairly straight forward so I may install it this coming weekend.

Once I am connected to my home network, what is required to connect remotely? Do I need a laptop at the remote location which has Profilux Control software loaded? And do I need a remote access program or is there something like a webserver available for my Plus II EX unit?

Matthias
07.06.2010, 07:46
there are several ways for remote access

option 1: PC at home is connected permanently - you can access over remote desktop, PC Anywhere or something similar
or direct access to the WLAN card

in both cases you need access from "outside" -> this has been discussed many times here, please try the search function
for dynamic DNS, remote control or similar

JasonMcK
11.06.2010, 21:38
Hey Oldtimer, You can back up all your settings and sensor calibrations by navigating to the file menu at the top of the software window. This would save you all that time of reprograming. All you have to do is a restore

J

Oldtimer
12.06.2010, 00:14
Right, but that requires you to have a PC connected with Profilux Control software loaded, which I did not at the time so I lost it all. I've since saved all settings and upgraded to firmware 4.08. I've confirmed that the settings are not lost during power cycles with version 4.08. I lost them every time the controller was power cycled with v3.08.