View Full Version : GHL built in web server

wcho
04.05.2010, 06:25
How to use it??

what's the link and etc...

wcho
04.05.2010, 17:57
Ok

I have been reading about setting it up,got an idea but first question I have is how do you get static external IP address from your router? mine changes every day.

boboxx
04.05.2010, 18:41
you can contact your hosting provider and will do it for a fee or you can set a agen on your router or computer to update a DNS... look at tdyndns for exemple...

wcho
05.05.2010, 16:32
I spoke to my DSL service provider it's 15$ a month for Fixed IP address. I dont think it's worth it. can you explain little bit more about " you can set a agen on your router" you said. sorry I am really new to this.

you can contact your hosting provider and will do it for a fee or you can set a agen on your router or computer to update a DNS... look at tdyndns for exemple...

Blahenazo
05.05.2010, 18:56
Hello,

You are always talking about your isp and getting a fixed ip, etc...
But were you already able to access your webserver from your internal network ?

wcho
05.05.2010, 19:12
yeah I know it took me for awhile to figure it out. I am very new to this. thanks for the help you guys! yes I can see the server from my network. now I am wondering what other people do to get connected from out side other then just paying for it to get the static Ip address.

Hello,

You are always talking about your isp and getting a fixed ip, etc...
But were you already able to access your webserver from your internal network ?

Blahenazo
05.05.2010, 19:15
no need to pay for it

Do as Bobox suggested and use an dynamic dns service.
No-IT-people-speak => this allows you to create an url which keeps track of your changing ip and it updates the link between the url and your ip, so the ip might change but the url never changes.

Blahenazo
05.05.2010, 19:19
a while back I posted a guide
maybe it can help understand it a little bit better.

Depending on your isp/router setup your implementation will be different but the logic is similar.

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1770

but first you need to get your local network setup in order.

wcho
05.05.2010, 19:30
it seems complicated .I thought this controller is a plug and play to begin with But I have made the progress on network setup I would to like to keep it going. I'll try tonight.

Thanks again.

a while back I posted a guide
maybe it can help understand it a little bit better.

Depending on your isp/router setup your implementation will be different but the logic is similar.

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1770

but first you need to get your local network setup in order.

Matthias
06.05.2010, 07:32
Setting up DNS will never be plug-and-play - how should this work?

I think if you follow this guide you will soon have a result.