PDA

View Full Version : PAB Set Initial States (GHL Newbie confusion)

Jim E.
14.03.2010, 23:59
GHL Profilux-3 FW 5.00n + Profilux Control 5.0.0.10; Day 2 of Operation @ Jim’s House

2.3.2.2 Set inital states
If the Powerbar-PAB doesn’t receive commands anymore over a minute (e.g. since the bus has been interrupted, ProfiLux is switched off or is defective, …), the sockets of the Powerbar-PAB can be switched due to safety reasons into a predefined state (on or off). The initial state can be programmed separately for each socket. For example it can make sense to keep the filter switched on. On the other side it is better to switch off the heating in case of an error so that the aquarium is not overheated.

Guess what? I’m having a mental block! So rather than risk being wrong, I figured I’d ‘fess up and let the more experienced poke fun at my expense :-)

I know how to program Initial States on the device (System, Config PAB, Assign Devices, etc.); here I am able to check or un-check PAB sockets S1 – S6. I can do essentially the same via Profilux Control interface. My bewilderment lies in that I do not know whether a check means the socket will turn off(as I would prefer for the heater, whether or not the heater was on at the time of the communication loss) or stay on (as I would prefer for the filter, etc.).

Sorry if I’m over-thinking this. Thanks in advance.

Matthias
15.03.2010, 09:27
the settings in ProfiLuxControl refer to the Powerbar6D - not to Powerbar6D-PAB
-> at the moment you can do the PAB-settings on the device only

a check means "on"

Jim E.
15.03.2010, 17:47
the settings in ProfiLuxControl refer to the Powerbar6D - not to Powerbar6D-PAB
-> at the moment you can do the PAB-settings on the device only

a check means "on"

Thank you Matthias :)