PDA

View Full Version : Communication error 41 when trying to connect with USB

bmwaaron
20.02.2010, 00:46
I recently updated my Profilux 2 ex to a 3 and was trying to connect with the USB. I get communication error 41 when trying to connect. I have Windows 7 64 bit and the Profilux usb driver installed. I see the Profilux driver in the device manager when I plug in the Profilux. It says com 3 so I connect with Com 3 and get Communication error 41. Any ideas?
Belive it or not I can actually connect wireless with a bridge on my network on the first try and it works great but I belive I have to do a firmware update and can not do that over the ethernet.

bmwaaron
20.02.2010, 01:11
I did read somewhere that the software and the firmware have to match, but I have a firmware version 5.0 and I cant find that software. Any ideas? or will this even work?

bmwaaron
20.02.2010, 03:44
OK I got it, I had to use the flash utility to update the firmware before it would work. I could not communicate via USB or the R232 with the Software so I used the flash utility with the R232 and the update worked.

I am having a separate issue now with staying connected via the wireless bridge it seems to be software related. The version 5.008 drops the wireless about every 10-20 seconds. The older software 5.007 drops out after about 2-5 minutes. So whatever 5.008 did made it worse for me. This is both with the current firmware 5.00M I believe.

Matthias
20.02.2010, 10:17
Hi

this is strange - many users reported that 5.0.8.0 is more stable, even with wirelesse connections, while they had problems to stay connected a longer time with 5.0.7.0

I will compare both versions again. Which error does 5.0.8.0 report exactly when the connection has been lost - in what menu does it happen?

bmwaaron
20.02.2010, 16:36
It seems to happen in all menus. Its like it freezes for a second then says communication lost but does not give any error codes. I had it happen the most while looking at sockets and illumination but I spent the most time in these too areas.

Matthias
20.02.2010, 17:58
I made some research regarding communication over a WLAN bridge

After making the transmission signal very poor (I just removed the antennas from my router and my bridge) I finally got also some connection problems.
Then I changed ProfiLuxControl again and made it more tolerant for bad transmissions, in this way I was able to stay connected longer.
New ProfiLuxControl comes in about 24-36h

This was a workaround - but I think its better to improve the signal quality between the wireless devices.

capri
21.02.2010, 01:26
Right. Connections through the WLAN breaks down frequently even if you have the wireless bridge next to the router with signal quality over 80%.

bmwaaron
22.02.2010, 00:03
My signal strength is over 90% to the bridge. I'm not able to connect to the profilux over the lan at all right now it just stopped working today for some reason. I will try and reset the profilux to see if it helps.

bmwaaron
22.02.2010, 00:11
Ok I got it to reconnect over the wireless network after resetting the Profilux. This would indicate to me its a firmware problem or hardware issue with my unit and not software. I guess it could also be a problem with the wireless bridge.

capri
22.02.2010, 02:55
We may have the same problem. I have no problems with connection but it breaks down constantly in a few seconds sometimes a bit longer. I use windows 7 32bit with WRT610N router and as a wireless bridge the WRT54G with DD-WRT v24 SP2 firmware.

bmwaaron
23.02.2010, 02:43
Well we are having almost the same issue, but we are not using the same router or wireless bridge. I am using the TRENDnet Wireless N Gaming Adapter TEW-647GA and a Dlink DLG 4300 router. The odd thing is I am having to reset the Profilux now daily to get it to reconnect to the wireless bridge. I'm not sure why but I can ping the bridge but there seems to be no communication between the bridge and the P3 until I reset the P3 or the bridge then it comes back up.

bmwaaron
23.02.2010, 03:05
I am trying an experiment........
I had my Profilux 3 set to obtain address automatically and it seems to not connect after the DHCP assigns it a new IP which I have set to happen every 24 hours. I changed the Profilux settings to a set IP and put it on my reservation list in my router so now it always should have the same IP.
I will let you know if this helps.
My theory is that the Profilux does not respond after the new IP is assigned by the DHCP.

bmwaaron
25.02.2010, 03:04
After entering a static IP for the Profilux I have not had the issue where I had to reset the P3 on a daily basis. I belive it had to do with my router switching its IP.