PDA

View Full Version : Wlan

Aqualab
04.02.2010, 19:03
Well I spent the better part of the morning re-reading the WLAN tutorial many times while trying to get the WLAN to integrate with my wireless setup/router. I made many attempts to imput data directly in the Pro Plus II by using the controller keys as well as using the "comfortable" way - through the software on my laptop. Appears nothing is being saved - no connection, WLAN not found! What is SSID - my system's security password? I set up my house's wireless network and four computers with no trouble at all - very intuitive/automatic plug and play really - this on the other hand is turning out to be a royal PITA!

I am currently using the RS232 9-pin cable from the controller to my laptop, not as convenient as I want, do to the cable having to be run over an open floor distance to the coffee table on the other side of the room. Dogs, cats, kids = trip, yank, smash, damage, anger, etc.....

I'm sorry, but the tutorial is not easy to understand - input data requested is not spelled out well. I am not a computer programmer. I don't know if this is a translation issue or a translation issue, but as it stands now - I don't believe there is enough guidance for a normal computer user to set this thing up. Or, could be I am just stupid. However I am familiar with ladder logic and process control setup, programming and operation on a variety of manufacturer's control systems for environmental applications - this is proving to be more difficult. Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Matthias
05.02.2010, 10:14
Hi

here are so many threads regarding WLAN, and all support cases ended successfully.
Did you try to find them with the search-function? I am sure they will help you.

kvmn
05.02.2010, 18:09
i will folow up on this thread to see how u figure out,,i am not a computer guy either,,
i hope this forum have more active support or at least a phone # so we can call and i am sure it will make thing alot easier and quicker so we don't have to wait and wait for ever
goodluck Aqualap