PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Update

weese3
17.01.2010, 19:04
Everytime I try to update my firmware from 4.05 to 4.08 on my Profilux Plus II EX, it says download aborted when I click the OK after selcting yes on the front of my Profilux?? I am running profilux control 4.00-4.05, should I update it first, and then try the firmware? I have nothing stored or set in my Profilux as I am just getting it going.

Adam

aqua_digital
17.01.2010, 20:45
Hi

You should be able to do it from V4.05 software but you can try uninstalling it and loading V4.08 and try.

It seems like your connection is dropping out.

If all else fails maybe use the fujitsu tool uploader as described in the back of the manual, this is by far the most stable method of software updating I have personally found and as GHL will testify if there is an upload issue to find, my pc will find it! :(

weese3
17.01.2010, 21:08
Ok so I uninstalled contoller 4.05 and re-installed controller 4.08, hooked up my RS232 cable, went to firmware update and tried to load 4.08... When I'm prompted to say yes on the Profilux screen I select yes, and then when I click OK on the PC screen it aborts the download right away..

aqua_digital
17.01.2010, 21:21
so you are connecting directly through RS232 to RS232?

Or USB to Rs232?

weese3
17.01.2010, 22:06
I using a RS232 to USB switching cable...

aqua_digital
17.01.2010, 22:13
Ok this make sense now. These units are not overly reliable and can drop out if the speed of the transfer is too fast.

I wuld suggest using the fujitsu tool as explained in the back of the manual this is a much slower transfer rate and in most cases works.

weese3
17.01.2010, 22:16
OK I will check that out... I will be needing a warranty replacement LAN card aswell, so should I contact you or Patrick at OI for a new one?

Thanks

Adam

aqua_digital
17.01.2010, 22:22
Contact Oi for the warranty on the LAN card we will test it and replace it.

aqua_digital
17.01.2010, 22:24
If you are in Ottawa area you could even leave your controller with Pat and I will get it all up and running for you.

weese3
17.01.2010, 23:10
Thanks for the offer, but I live in Brockville, and

I GOT IT RUNNING!!!:D:eek::D:eek::D:eek:

Thanks to Boboxx and all the great knowledge he has of the Profilux, and computer programming, he really helped a million......

Thanks for your help too Aqua-Digital... I will drop my LAN off to Pat when I get up to Ottawa next.. Will he be able to give me a direct replacement and send me on my way, as I am not in Ottawa very often???

Thanks

Adam

Boboxx you are the MAN!!!!!!!

boboxx
17.01.2010, 23:29
cool glad it all worked out Adam :) How is Jeff Profilux doing?

aqua_digital
17.01.2010, 23:31
Great news!

If Pat has one in stock then it is direct swap out no trouble.

In the summer I drive through Brockville every week as our cruiser is moored at Ed Hucks in Rockport - Shame it is not the Summer I could of swapped it out!

Regards
Michael

weese3
17.01.2010, 23:39
Boboxx everything seems to be good with Jeffs so far... I am using his LAN card right now :-) He is not liking the idea of switching to all PAB power bars to have the expandability of the PIII :confused:...

Small world Micheal, we are very good family friends with Peter and Jody... I grew up with Peter and his sisters..... My parents have lived next door to Peters parents for 40+ years :-)

Adam

aqua_digital
17.01.2010, 23:42
Sadly we are leaving Hucks this year, the drive with a 1 year old is insane and the river a bit too daunting for a small family, so we are up routing to Hursts, only 25 mins from home and the Rideau is so much more tranquil. Small world indeed.

You dont need to dump your powerbars to switch to the P3 all Plus II equipment gets ported across, you just have the option to use P3 powerbars for further extension if you so choose.

weese3
18.01.2010, 00:00
I will pass that along to Jeff, but I imagine he has already figured it out... The Rideau is a lot slower paced than the St Lawrence for sure :-) I do a lot of fishing and I get pretty mad at the traffic on the St Lawrence in the summer, and end up on the Rideau :-)

aqua_digital
18.01.2010, 00:24
Well if you see a 28' Larson called "Spoiled Rotten Brat" (NO I did not name it) That will be me ;)