PDA

View Full Version : Temperature Control Problem--please help

NewReefer
01.01.2010, 23:00
Hi there and Happy New Year to all,

I'm having a temperature control problem I'm hoping to get some help with. I have my Profilux Plus II ex set to control two heaters, and the Profilux doesn't seem to be turning them on according to the nominal temperature I set in Profilux Control, which is 25 C. I have the two heaters set on a digital powerbar on sockets S1 and S2. In the Profilux Control program they are both on Temperature 1 and Heater. At first they both worked great and did keep the set temperature, but today I noticed there was a drop in temperature of 2 degrees. I first thought that the heaters were undersized for my tank, so I unplugged one from the digital powerbar and plugged in a heater of greater wattage. At first the heater did come on, as I could see the indicator light on. Now, however, the heater has not come on and the temperature keeps dropping. I'm confused. Thinking it was a heater issue I again unplugged it from the digital powerbar and plugged it into the mains. The heater does come on, so I'm guessing it's something with the Profilux.
Is there something I should have done differently? Any help, as always, will be greatly appreciated.

Matthias
04.01.2010, 11:24
did you check if the corresponding LED in the powerbar is on?

NewReefer
04.01.2010, 13:41
:)Thanks so much for the reply, Matthias. The problem has been resolved--turns out I had my heaters' thermostats too closely set to the set temperature in the Profilux. I turned them up and right now all is working perfectly--the Profilux is keeping the temperature right where I set it.