PDA

View Full Version : Disgital Power Bar Problem

CaptCrash
06.12.2009, 15:07
I have a PII Ex with two digital power bars. These are connected together on the S1 port.

The second of these configured for S7 to S12 has a port that will not supply power (It is the S6 port on this second digital power bar).

I have S6 set to allways on, but it does not come on and the LED does not come on.

I have the 4.08 firmware on the controller and the power bar is about 2 weeks old.

All other ports on the power bar work fine.

However the LED's for ports 1-3 flash as though there is a bad connection (ie they are very intermittant)

Ports 1-2 have my Tunze 6105's on them and Port 3 has a heater.
I have the control cables (Cable Kit with type 1 and 2 cables).

The power heads seem to be working fine as does the heater.

If anyone can suggest what I should do or could try I would appreciate it.

thanks

Darren

CaptCrash
07.12.2009, 02:11
Further information.

If I connect the power bars via the daisy chain RJ11 style cable backwards.

Then all ports are working and the LED's do not flash.

If I only connect to the port closest to the LED's the power bar either does not work, or flashes the LED's.

If I connect to the port furthest from the LED's the power bar works as expected.

I have tried both of the cables I have in the working combination and they are fine (ie swapping them from being Profilux to Powerbar and powerbar to powerbar).

Is there anything else I should or can try? Or is this likely to be a faulty connector/component?

Matthias
07.12.2009, 08:43
this sounds like a bad connector

you are also having these strange problems with the temp-probe, aren't you?

I wonder what all these issues caused, was there maybe a damage through water?

CaptCrash
09.12.2009, 03:57
I have checked if there is any water near or around both the controller or power bar's.

There is not (within about 30 cm's).
I have had some leaks as the tank has been set up, but both the power bar and controller are on a shelf above the floor of the cabinet.

The cables do hang from the self to the floor and from the lights to the floor of the cabinet, but there is no way for water to contact either the power bar or the controller.

I tried changing the cabling back last night and the same thing happened. when the port closest to the LED's was used, there was some flickering from some leds and port 6 did not come on. If I use the port furthest from the LED's then it works fine.

Should I be asking my retailer for a replacement?

Matthias
09.12.2009, 08:32
You can send it to the retailer, he has to proof what happened, then he can decide what to do. If he is not sure he should contact us directly.

A replacement in advance is not possible. All devices are tested here several times before they leave our facility, it is not very likely that a powerbar is shipped with bad connectors, of course we can't exclude it 100%.