PDA

View Full Version : Turn off skimmer when full - send me an email?

Raven900
16.10.2016, 01:52
Hi there,
I'm able to turn off the skimmer when full (float switch) but I want it to send me an email to let me know.
I've previously achieved this using an Alarm email and leakage detection as the float switch function but I really want to save the Alarms for real emergencies like sump overflows.

So is there another way to set it up to switch off the skimmer, not activate an alarm but still send me an email to notify me it's been switched off?

Thanks for any help.

Mathew

Matthias
18.10.2016, 10:32
i don't think there is another way

why not use the alarm function with "alarm auto reset" for this sensor enabled?

Raven900
18.10.2016, 11:31
Hi Matthias, thanks for the reply.
My only concern is that it's going to fill up during the night and set the alarm off, waking up the wife and kids!

Thanks anyway... This is the new 3.1T unit you just shipped to me in Australia, thanks for your help. It's perfect and thanks for helping me get a new one in a hurry.

Mathew

Matthias
18.10.2016, 16:55
ah,yes, I remember - glad that we found so fast a practicable solution

you could disable the alarm buzzer at night if this makes sense

pommie
22.10.2016, 10:13
Hi there,
I'm able to turn off the skimmer when full (float switch) but I want it to send me an email to let me know.
I've previously achieved this using an Alarm email and leakage detection as the float switch function but I really want to save the Alarms for real emergencies like sump overflows.

So is there another way to set it up to switch off the skimmer, not activate an alarm but still send me an email to notify me it's been switched off?

Thanks for any help.

Mathew

Hi Mathew,

Im trying to also setup my Profilix to shutoff and email me when the Skimmer is full but i have no idea how to set it up.
I dont suppose you could share with me you screen config so i could copy them?

Thanks
Lee

Vinny
22.10.2016, 13:37
Lee,

The level sensor that you will be using to detect a full skimmer cup must have its function set to Leakage detection. You'll see this option in the level settings page.

To assign this level sensor to a powerbar socket, you must change the function of the desired socket to Level (#). Select the correct level sensor number that has the Leakage detection function assigned. For example, if you used Control Circuit 3 to assign Leakage detection, the function for the powerbar socket should be set to Level 3.

You will receive emails when a level sensor is triggered by adding the "Level" command to the email message box.

pommie
23.10.2016, 00:03
Hi Vinny,

Thanks for your reponse. Im still a bit lost when trying to assign the level sensor to the socket function on the PAB.
The Skimmer is currently set to always on and i assume im meant to change that to Level 1 (what i have assigned the Leak Detection to).
However i cant see any Level options in the drop down menu. (Ive attached some screen shots).

Cheers
Lee

Vinny
23.10.2016, 01:21
Set the socket function to Fill water 1.

pommie
23.10.2016, 01:47
Thanks Vinny, the sensor is now working and shutting off the skimmer.

Problem is the Alarm appears to always be on now?
If i move the float to either to the middle either end of the holder it Alarms i.e float high or float low.
If i hold the float in the middle the skimmer stays on.

Any ideas?

Thanks

pommie
23.10.2016, 09:23
Hi Vinny,

I managed to get it working thanks, however it would only work when i assigned the Sensor 1 to Level Input 3? (I also increased the reaction time to 3 seconds just in case).
When i originally configured it as level input 1 the alarm would trigger all the time.

I don't have any other level sensors configured so wondering why this is occurring?

Cheers