PDA

View Full Version : New GCC 1.0.8.4 and firmware - Seasonal Lighting is here!

Matthias
05.04.2016, 17:29
Just released!

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/ghl-control-center-v1-0-8-4/

You'll find my summary about the Seasonal Lighting here:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/how-do-i-use-the-seasonal-lighting-simulation/

Seasonal Lighting in GHL Control Center:

GazzMan
05.04.2016, 20:25
I don't get no sessional lighting tab (underneath acclimation) and also the seasonal lighting check box is inactive, am I doing something wrong.

mzbwlk
05.04.2016, 23:24
I get the same thing. The firmware needs to be updated to v6.24 which has not been added to the downloads section yet.... Figures!

mzbwlk
05.04.2016, 23:26
I just read the change log and it states that we need firmware version 6.27

Jerel1
06.04.2016, 01:00
Common sense... Firmware 6.27 for ProfiLux is bundled with GCC 1.0.8.4.

doggydoc10
06.04.2016, 02:23
I believe I found a bug.
Downloaded new GHL control version. Before doing upgrade on FW I go to save all my settings.
Settings for P3 and sensor data back up fine.
When I go to "transmit all settings from SMS to file" it suddenly stops communicating and P3 connection is dropped.

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

Matthias
06.04.2016, 07:42
I just read the change log and it states that we need firmware version 6.27

from the "changelog":

New in V1.0.8.4:

The Seasonal Lighting Simulation has been added for ProfiLux 3 and Mitras LX 6xxx.

The new features require firmware 6.27 for ProfiLux 3 and firmware 1.19 for Mitras LX 6xxx (included in this GCC version).

Matthias
06.04.2016, 07:44
I believe I found a bug.
Downloaded new GHL control version. Before doing upgrade on FW I go to save all my settings.
Settings for P3 and sensor data back up fine.
When I go to "transmit all settings from SMS to file" it suddenly stops communicating and P3 connection is dropped.

Always at sea;

Dr. Antonio Longo

as written in your other thread you posted about this:
I think the connection or settings in regards to the SMS are not correct
-> when solved you will again be able to save/load SMS settings

Gael
07.04.2016, 07:26
Hi,

Seasonal Lighting work with Mitras Lightbar of my refugium (RS232) but not with Mitras LX of my tank (PWC card).

GCC 1.0.8.4
ProfiLux 3.1T eX with 6.27 firmware
Mitras LX 6100HV with 1.19 firmware
All illumination have Seasonal lighting checked.

Thank

Matthias
07.04.2016, 17:54
Hi,

Seasonal Lighting work with Mitras Lightbar of my refugium (RS232) but not with Mitras LX of my tank (PWC card).

GCC 1.0.8.4
ProfiLux 3.1T eX with 6.27 firmware
Mitras LX 6100HV with 1.19 firmware
All illumination have Seasonal lighting checked.

Thank

damned, I knew I forgot something!

yes, you are right, the PLM-PWC sends the original, not "manipulated" light runs

-> I'll fix this ASAP and post it when I am done with the new firmware

thanks for the hint

Gael
07.04.2016, 22:27
Hello Matthias,

Can you confirm me one thing, is moon phase start and end time also adjusted with seasonal lighting?
If not, it's a problem, moon phase simulation must start when night coming and stop when day begin.
Moonlight is set to start at 22h and stop a 6h, its ok in June, but in December, with seasonal lighting day begin at 8H45 and end at 17H15.

Thank :-)

Matthias
08.04.2016, 16:50
Hi,

there are udates available.

The firmware for Mitras LX and ProfiLux 3, both included in this GCC version, had been updated.
Please update your devices with the new versions in case you have already the previous beta versions.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/ghl-control-center-v1-0-8-4/

There was a problem when ProfiLux controlled the Mitras via wireless-card PLM-PWC, the seasonal lighting was not transmitted in this scenario. All fixed now.

Matthias
08.04.2016, 16:52
Hello Matthias,

Can you confirm me one thing, is moon phase start and end time also adjusted with seasonal lighting?
If not, it's a problem, moon phase simulation must start when night coming and stop when day begin.
Moonlight is set to start at 22h and stop a 6h, its ok in June, but in December, with seasonal lighting day begin at 8H45 and end at 17H15.

This is a good point. Right now the moon phase simulation is not shifted, but we will add this in 6.28. This is larger job and needs time and thinking.

Gael
08.04.2016, 22:52
Ok, thank for all Matthias :-)

Also for the moonlight sudden lighting change problem. You said me "not easy to solve but I have some ideas to improve that."
Hope you will find solution for that too, for moment i use this tip:
But i don't like this solution.

PS: now you have done this awaited feature maybe you will have time for other lack thing like flow sensor alarm during Maintenance, unreported VorTech alarm or add refill option for doser in Profilux LCD screen.

Matthias
14.04.2016, 07:40
PS: now you have done this awaited feature maybe you will have time for other lack thing like flow sensor alarm during Maintenance, unreported VorTech alarm or add refill option for doser in Profilux LCD screen.

yes, of course

but not in the next 3 weeks since I am heading to the USA for our show (Reefapalooza) this weekend ...

thanks again for your feedbacks

Matthias
14.04.2016, 07:43
also the included firmware

no changes since version from 04/08/2016

the improvements in regards to Seasonal Lighting which had been asked for will come in the next version

Gael
01.11.2016, 21:33
Moonlight is set to start at 22h and stop a 6h, its ok in June, but in December, with seasonal lighting day begin at 8H45 and end at 17H15.This is a good point. Right now the moon phase simulation is not shifted, but we will add this in 6.28. This is larger job and needs time and thinking.

PS: now you have done this awaited feature maybe you will have time for other lack thing like flow sensor alarm during Maintenance, unreported VorTech alarm or add refill option for doser in Profilux LCD screen.yes, of course
but not in the next 3 weeks since I am heading to the USA for our show (Reefapalooza) this weekend ...
thanks again for your feedbacks
Any news Matthias?

Thank