PDA

View Full Version : New Profilux User Advice Required

freemchr
08.03.2009, 05:55
Hi Guys,

Have just bought a Profilux Profiset II system for a new 10ft tank i am about to setup.

I have a few questions and I am hoping I could be pointed in the right direction.

1. I will be using the Profiset to control Ozone dosing in the tank, I have been told by the supplier all that is required is the Redox Card, which will in turn switch the Ozone off when it reaches a certain redox level.. is this correct?

2. The unit comes with one PH Electrode, however I would am wondering if the PH-Redox Card can be used to run another probe into the Calcium Reactor to monitor the PH within the calcium reactor (in order to turn off the C02) and then the other probe into the sump to tell me the current tank PH. So monitor 2 PH locations.

3. I have purchased 4 x Profilux Simu-L light sticks, as well as 4 x 54w dimmable t5s. What card / addons / parts do i require to run both in addition to my Metal Halides. The MH's i have bought are not dimmable. But i would like the cloud affects and lightning afects from the Profilux Simu L, as well as if possible the dimmable T5's. The T5's will be running off 2 ballasts.

Also for those who have the Profilux Simu-L light sticks, what is the best method to mount these seeing my MH pendants will be hanging from the ceiling. What height is recommended and method to connect to the ceiling?

Thanks in advance

Chris

kidney514
08.03.2009, 23:02
Question #1
yes that is corect, you can go about this in 2 different way, either you get the Ex upgrade which alot more expension and barely cost a little bit more the redox card itself, the Ex will give 'Salinity, Redox, 3rd level port and 2 additional L port"

Question #2
If you want to have second Ph probe, there is 3 ways to go about this! You can get ph card only, Conductivity/PH card or Redox/PH card.
(Personally I did the ex upgrade and added a Redox/PH card also)

Question #3
The Simu-L will require 2 L port to run and 3 YL2-1 cable/spliter, for you T5 is 4 ballast total or 4 tubes, how many tube are going to have running?

freemchr
09.03.2009, 00:01
Thanks for the info.

So one Simu-L will require 2 L ports? ie L1/L2. The T5's are 2 ballasts and 4 tubes.

So i will need to run the Simul L off 2 ports with the 2 splitters? ie L1/L2 and L3/L4 is that correct?

Then to add the two T5 ballasts?

kidney514
09.03.2009, 00:47
Thanks for the info.

So one Simu-L will require 2 L ports? ie L1/L2. The T5's are 2 ballasts and 4 tubes.

So i will need to run the Simul L off 2 ports with the 2 splitters? ie L1/L2 and L3/L4 is that correct?

Then to add the two T5 ballasts?
I have made a diagram for your understanding, and Yes it requires 2 port, one for the reds and one for the blues.

For the T5, do you want to runs them as one or each ballast separate?

freemchr
09.03.2009, 02:34
Thanks for that. Just what I thought. I would like to run each ballast seperate, but the one ballast will control two lights. I will have 4 in total.

kidney514
09.03.2009, 02:46
Thanks for that. Just what I thought. I would like to run each ballast seperate, but the one ballast will control two lights. I will have 4 in total.If your ballast are close togheter then one EVG-AP-2F otherwise 2 x EVG-AP-1F!

freemchr
09.03.2009, 08:57
Thanks for the info! The ballasts will be close together so one of the EVG-AP-2F should be sufficient.

Another quick question. I have one Analog Power Bar (which came with the Profiset) and one Digital bar. How do i connect both up to the system? It only has one S port.

Cheers

GHL Support
10.03.2009, 10:42
ProfiLux Plus II offers 2 S-ports: S1-S4 (digital) and S5-S8 (analogue).
The digital powerbar can only be run in S1-S4 (only digital input). The analogue powerbar can be run in every S-port.
If your S-ports are not enough, you can also get an extension card PLM-2L4S (1 more L-port and 1 more analogue S-port).